1. Modern Family last night. O. M. G. Quite possibly the funniest sitcom episode I have ever seen. I kept rewinding it on my DVR. Matt reminds me of Phil.
2. It's tax season around here. Grrrr. But I'm choosing to buckle down and make the best of it. We're using the time to firm up a new family schedule. Figure I can do anything for 13 weeks. It's clockwork around here people. On my to-do list tonight? A bubble bath with the new issues of EW and Oprah. I kid you not. You know what all those ladies magazines say: schedule some time for yourself. I'm a willing disciple.
3. Best homemade hot chocolate? The recipe on the back of the Hershey Hot Cocoa box. With whole milk. The mix recipe I used wasn't WOW enough for me to recommend. And besides it made a metric shit ton (yep, officially Lincoln vocabulary) of the stuff. You might want smaller quantities. As for peppermint marshmallows, I printed the recipe and can't find the link again. Aren't I so very helpful?:) Google for the recipe and search for one that doesn't require egg whites. That's my advice. That and if there was ever a time to buy a Kitchen Aid stand mixer if you don't already have one, it is when you want to make homemade marshmallows.
4. Matt and I got invited to a Redneck Prom Party the weekend after Valentine's. I was considering not going, because I'm still nursing Eliza. But than it dawned on me...a baby is the PERFECT accessory at a Red Neck Prom! You can't buy that kind of bling at Claire's you know. So she's going with me...along with a Pack N Play. No worries, we're just going to a friend's house and she'll be catching Z's by 7:30. Got any ideas what outfit I should come up with?
5. I feel this book has gotten way too much press. Every magazine or website I open has something to say about it. Please let's not encourage her.
6. On the other hand, this was my all time favorite book last year. Riveting. Keep in mind, with the addition of a second child, my reading habit has gone from one book a week to about one every other month.
7. Valentine's...anybody getting in the mood? Can you believe January is almost over? Every day is one day closer to spring. In the meantime, a little project. Not sure what I'm going to put in it yet. Something sweet for Matt no doubt. Need to get cracking on that. Take Out Box is a Silhouette file. Stamped on it before it was assembled so the pattern would match up around the corners.
Stamps: PTI's Simple Valentine, Daily Designs, and Mini Scrapbook Series: Library Ledger
Bo Bunny Paper
This list made me laugh. A metric shit ton? Funny. And you still manage a book every other month? I seem to only be able to read during long breaks from school and work. I miss reading so much.ReplyDelete
two words: baby bump.ReplyDelete
Nothing says 'redneck prom' like a woman with a baby who is pregnant again, but is still going to the prom. Maybe a little politically incorrect, but funny... Thanks for sharing your 'list' I needed a chuckle!
Oh my god, you're a reader! And you loved ROOM! Erin Lincoln, you're my hero. Did you read A VISIT FROM THE GOON SQUAD by Jennifer Egan? That and ROOM were the two books my friends and I couldn't stop talking about.ReplyDelete
I loved this post. So much fun. The metric shit ton was a good one too. LOL. I'm always amazed by how you manage to have two kids AND produce all the marvelous crafty goodness that you do for Papertrey...share your secret of time management! My two kids are 3-1/2 & 7 years old and I still don't have as much crafting time as I'd like, not to mention that I love to read but get to read about one book every year these days...I've switched to magazines mostly because it's less commitment.. ;)ReplyDelete
Great take out box! I am wanting a silhouette and now I want one even more!! Modern Family is possible the funniest show ever!! We are watching the first season over on DVD since we will probably have to wait till the fall to see the new ones here in Ireland! Have fun at the party! RobinReplyDelete
OK, as I'm an official Redneck, this would be my area of expertise :)ReplyDelete
Costume ideas: Granny & Jed Clampett (an oldie, but a goodie) or Bobbie Sue & Billy Joe (married first cousins who would, of course, bring their baby to a bar/party and their own jug of moonshine. Add a big splash of Old Spice, dirty up them overalls, and get your country on!)
And don't worry about offending anyone! We make fun of damn yankees all the time :)
I love that valentine box! I have a Silhouette and might have to copy your idea. I really need to get my stamps back out. Your projects are beautiful and inspiring!ReplyDelete
great post! I laughed out loud when I read about the Redneck Prom...too funny! I am also a fan of Modern Family, the latest episode was the best! I think all husbands are just a little bit Phil, don't you?ReplyDelete
I am so jealous that you are married to a husband that reminds you of PHIL! My husband and I never like the same TV shows (except for maybe Survivor). We BOTH LOVE Modern Family! I always call him "Chay Chay" (his name is Jason) just like Gloria would say it. And make more list posts. All the time. They are AWESOME! PS...love your take out box, tooo!ReplyDelete
And I am so getting "Room" this week. Why did I know that it was going to be the book that you linked to? Ha! I just read 2 separate "best books of 2010" reviews and this was the only one on both. Thanks for another recommendation. And I'd rather be a redneck mom than a tiger mom any day!ReplyDelete
That Modern Family episode of which you speak still has me thinking.... Best. Episode. Yet.ReplyDelete
great post....as for the redneck prom....be sure to have a couple of hickeys on your neck and his too...I know you have blue and purple ink!!ReplyDelete
You also need a baby bottle full of cola or sweet tea.
You crack me up! The Redneck Prom bit had me laughing out loud! Must. Post. Pictures.ReplyDelete