Saturday, March 10, 2012

Introducing On the Links

Hey Everybody! I'm back this morning for Day 1 of the March 2012 Papertrey Countdown. I'm featuring the new golf set by Lizzie Jones. Packs a punch with lots of cute elements and sentiments. Perfect for the guys and girls in your life who like to go out for a day on the green. Let me show you a few examples.



When you think golf, there's a whole motif that goes a long with it--plaid, argyle, masculine colors. I went with that here and created a plaid background using Grunge Me (dot grid) in Blueberry Sky and the crossed tee and ball image in Pure Poppy. I placed my golf bag  stamp on the ground in a green of grass. .My white golf ball features a sentiment from the new World's Greatest. I like how it looks similar to the graphics on actual golf balls. On the tab created by the new edgers set, I finished my sentiment with "husband" from World's Greatest as well.



It's hard to see in the photo, but my golf ball is impressed with the Polka Dot II impression plate. Makes it lok so realistic. Love little touches like that.

Now, golf is not only a man's hobby. The most avid golfer I know is my mother-in-law. And when we found out we were having another boy, I commented to Matt that he now has two golfing buddies. He looked at me very serious and corrected me, "Two? I have three!" Of course, he was referring to my Eliza. Guess she'll be out there with the boys one day. Daddy doesn't discriminate.



This card was created with all the female golfers in mind using more feminine colors. Check out that background...I'm so pleased with how it turned out. The crossed tees and ball image again (great for building backgrounds) in the open dashed diamonds from  A Little Argyle. BB Houndstooth is layered on top in Versamark. Seriously, can two patterns scream "golf" any more? Made to go together.  I punched circles out at the diamond junctures--a nice touch that adds so much. My sentiment is on a photo finisher strip and I added a (oh gosh...I don't know the term) the golf hole flag thingy (ha!) with a flag from Banner Builder. On the Links has a smaller solid flag (see below), but I think there's a few sets in the PTI catalog that can be used to add some versatility. I'm just demonstrating that here.



How about a style change? I wanted something fun and whimsical here. Why not use your Block Alphabet dies on the tee stamp? Of course, replace the "o" with a golf ball. The fancy "you" comes from last month's Simple You set. There are a few other fun new things on this card. Can you spot them a la "Where's Waldo?"


And lastly, as simple as they come, an "almost one layer" card. The little golf card slays me it is so cute. Again, I used A Little Argyle to add a little something to it. BB: Houndstooth adds some pattern to the green with a reverse masking technique. For just a touch of dimension, a white brad makes a great golf ball.

Hope you enjoyed the preview of this fun new set. It really is adorable. Be sure to pop on by the other PTI blogs tonight for further inspiration. Be back in a few days with the group posts!


Nichole Heady
Betsy Veldman
Dawn McVey
Heather Nichols
Ashley Cannon Newell
Lizzie Jones
Melissa Bickford


Supplies
World's Greatest
Stamps: On the Links, World's Greatest, Grunge Me, Super Stars
Cardstock: Spring Rain, Simply Chartreuse, Stamper's Select White
Ink: Blueberry Sky, Pure Poppy, True Black
Dies: Edgers #5
Polka Dot Impression Plate
Martha Stewart Grass Border punch

You're Tee-rific
Stamps: On the Links, Banner Builder, BB: Houndstooth, A Little Argyle
Cardstock: Hibiscus Burst, Spring Rain, Stamper's Select White
Ink: Enchanted Evening, Spring Rain, Versamark
White Vintage Buttons
Photo Finishers Die collection

Fore You
Stamps: On the Links, Back Pocket Basics, Simply You
Cardstock: Spring Rain, Simply Chartreuse, Pure Poppy, Orange Zest, Summer Sunrise, Stamper's Select White, True Black
Dies: Block Alphabet Lowercase, Pinking Shears Border, Clouds, Back Pocket Basics, Heart Border
Picnic Plaid Impression Plate
Pure Poppy Backer's Twine
Simply Chartreuse Patterned Paper Pack

Happy Father's Day

Stamps: On the Links, World's Greatest, BB: Houndstooth, A Little Argyle, Bitty Background Stamps
Ink: Spring Moss, Ripe Avocado, Blueberry Sky, Enchanted Evening, Scarlet Jewel, Pure Poppy,
Stamper's Select White Cardstock
White Brad


19 comments:

  1. Fun, fun, cards!!! Your fore card is my favorite!!! Happy Father's Day is so cute, too with the Argyle on the cart and Houdstooth on the green! Loving the new SC paper!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your projects today! My favorite is "Fore You" -The letters all teed up is a classic! What fun I will have with this set using your inspirations-thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such cute cards, Erin! Love the pink one with the argyle and houndstooth - you're right that they're both very "golf-y".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just delightful! I love all your projects, especially the pink one! Love the created background too. Just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your Fore You card! So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute projects Erin! They are all so unique. I like how you created your own special backgrounds and I'm glad that you showed a feminine one too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun cards! I especially like the FORE card and the Girly card! Can't wait to see the entire sets!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool cards, Erin - hard pushed to decide which is my favourite :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cards so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE your creations!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such cute cards! The fore you is my favorite, so fun and colorful! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your cards are so creative! Especially love the "fore you" one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice cards! Especially like Fore You! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super fun cards for both genders! Love the pink one the best.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These cards are so fun! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the "FORE" card - such witty humor! Gorgeous creations, all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome cards, Erin, and did I miss something earlier? You're having a boy??? Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Erin, I think your cards are a perfect hole-in-one (I'm sorry, I couldn't resist)! Thank you for giving On The Links such a strong showing.

    ReplyDelete