Saturday, July 21, 2012

Stamp-a-Faire: Homemade Embellishments

Who's ready to earn another merit badge? We're moving into Hour Twelve of Papertrey Ink's Stamp-a-Faire and I hope you are still hanging with us. Still lots to do and learn. I do believe this is a rather large tutorial section with almost all the design team members participating, so sit back, enjoy, and take it all in.

Now, we are all stampers. Each and every one of us. We spend hours making a single card. Because we enjoy the process, love the supplies, and want to do something heartfelt for the recipient. And that's all well and good...but at times, not always the most practical. So to balance all that fun and fluff out (and I do love the fun and fluff, believe me), I've got an unbelievably practical tutorial for you this hour. To help you justify all those supplies. :) That's what I'm telling myself anyway!


Check out my labels. I have a set of 18 small lockers near my front door. Each one has a label to help me keep organized around the house. All the mail gets thrown in a locker, all the library books in one, all the batteries and battery chargers in another....you get the idea. But being in my foyer, I want it a little fluff to balance out the function. And that's where labels made from Mat Stack 1 come in.



In order to make these labels last and stand up to some wear and tear, I found a way to "laminate" them using contact paper and the coordinating Mat Stack Layerz die. No laminating machine or scissors involved. All you need to do is seal a cardstock cut from the original Mat Stack die between two contact paper cuts of the Layerz die, sticky sides facing each other. And then hot glue a magnet on the back. Easy as pie and practical seeing as they will last through a great deal of handling. Perfect for your home decor and organizational projects.

Check out my video on Nichole's blog to see a step by step tutorial using this method and then go start labeling things of your own.  And then go see what other handmade embellishments are being featured this hour on the PTI blogs.


Jessica Witty
Betsy Veldman
Dawn McVey
Heather Nichols
Melissa Phillips
Ashley Cannon Newell
Maile Belles
Danielle Flanders
Debbie Olsen


Supplies for labels
Paper: Aqua Mist Cardstock
Self Adhesive Sheets
Contact Paper
Mat Stack 1 and Mat Stack Layerz 1 die
Mat Stack Collection Stamp Set and BB: Gingham



2 comments:

  1. Just thought you would like to know that the video will not play on Nichole's blog or on youtube.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came to say the same thing!

    ReplyDelete