Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter


I thought I'd pop in here real quick with a project I made for some friends. It might be Easter themed, but there are some ideas you can use for other projects, so I'm not going to hesitate posting it.



I'm relatively new to the washi tape phenomenon. What took me so long? I love this stuff. Where has this been my entire life? I took two of the My Mind's Eye Decorative Tape Collections and added stripes to a Silhouette cut box. I purposely choose a box that was just one cut from Christmas Open House Kit from my newly beloved Svgcuts.  This way, I could lay three strips of tape on the flat cut box and the tape would wrap completely around it when the box was assembled. So easy. 


Here's a view of all four of my little bunny boxes. I adjusted the box size to perfectly fit chocolate marshmallow eggs that I bought. The boxes got tied up with Baker's Twine and topped with the Polka Dot Parade #1 bunny stamp and die. I'm liking the traditional Easter colors mixed up with the bright red and orange. 

If you have a digital cutter like a Silhouette (me!), Cricut, or Eclipse....take a gander over at Svgcuts. I found them in early January and have been absolutely in love ever since. I've been making all sorts of fun 3D projects. Really unique stuff. You'll get hooked just like I am, so consider yourself warned! :) I've got two gift projects in the works using their ice cream box and their water can gift bag. So be on the look out for those on my blog soon. 

3 comments:

  1. Erin, these boxes are adorable. I like the red and orange mixed in with the Easter colors.

    Happy April Fool's Day tomorrow. I hope you get some good ones in on your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin, these are so cute! Love the bunny darker where he stands out from the brighter colors. I don't have a silhouette yet but have been wanting one for awhile. I just may have to break down and get one soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute!! I love SVGCuts. I've made some really cute 3D things from their files....my favorite is the haunted house (can't think of the kit name off the top of my head....)

    ReplyDelete