Thursday, July 25, 2013

Another Baby Girl Gift



Just a little sweet something for a new bitty girl down the street. I plan on leaving it on their front porch today. No reason to ring the bell and disturb them. Makes for a fun surprise to boot.



Really neat shaped box from the Fancy Boxes Kit at www.svgcuts.com. Hexagonal with an angled lid and paper bow. The file was original really big (click play the tutorial video to see what I'm talking about), so I resized to 75%. And it is still big. Maybe 6 inches high? Thinking that it would make a really great ornament box come Christmas time if you are into giving those away.

Not that I would be upset if this little box eventually made its way into the trash bin (hey...it's packaging!), but I think it would look cute on a shelf as decor. It's that stinking cute. And I say that absolutely devoid of ego. Giving all the credit to www.svgcuts.com:).

If you haven't tried the amazing stuff at www.svgcuts.com, now might be the time. You need the Silhouette Designer Edition software to use the files and it is 40% off this week at the Silhouette store. Worth every penny.

Used the Alphabet Monogram set again on the front. Teamed it up with my PTI Limitless Layers 1.75" Circles and Tag-it #3 stamp set . Paper is from the Hey Girl Collection by Basic Grey which is at Joann's. I've been doing so many of these 3D projects that I really have had to change how I buy my patterned paper. Two or three pieces of the same print. Makes more sense to buy paper pads (on sale or with a coupon) as in this example.


Cute 3x3 card using the same paper and supplies. Sentiment was pieced together with word elements from Night, Night Moon. I recently got the We R Memory Keepers Envelope Punch Board and have really been enjoying the freedom I have in card sizes now. This one can fit inside the box I made.


As for the contents, you know I love my little girl doodads. Even if my "delicate little flower" refuses to wear them! HA! Homemade headbands using various dies and felt. Most notably, I used Frilly Flower dies, MFT Beautiful Bows dies, Lovely Layers dies, Beautiful Blooms #3 dies, and the perfect headband leaf from the Ruby Rose collection. I had stitched brads from the Fact & Fiction and Mint Julep Collection from Basic Grey and placed those using an anywhere hole punch on my felt. The headbands themselves I made myself quite some time ago. Have a little stockpile. I remember buying "lingerie elastic" online and stitching them in loops with my rudimentary sewing machine skills. Really simple to make and comfortable for baby.

And that is all this girl has to say today. Got kids to take the Ag Expo, laundry to put away, and more coffee to drink. Ciao!

2 comments:

  1. My little gal is just getting into loving the fun hair stuff....(I'm going to need your barrette set I think!)
    Awesome job Erin...they are all sweet but I ADORE that last one!
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both-the card and the box! They are very nice.

    ReplyDelete