Saturday, April 12, 2014

Simple Stars

We are pulling a surprise switcheroo on you to day with a Day 3 Group Post for the April 2014 Papertrey Ink release. Always fun to do that. We like to keep you on your toes.

Today we are featuring the new Simple Stars stamp set with coordinating Stars Cover Plate. OMGosh...I had so much fun creating with these two products. These cover plate/stamp set dealios are genius. Easiest cards ever, yet it looks like you slaved over them. Exactly what you want in a product.


We were challenged to make a feminine and masculine card with them. First up, a girlie card for my niece.  I teamed it up with Happy Hearts and the Hearts Cover Plate for this look. Rainbow color groups the vertical line of stars with the heart border along the bottom. The soft rainbow look is made with the following ink colors: Berry Sorbet, Melon Berry, Summer Sunrise, Limeade Ice, and Aqua Mist.


The quote is sheer perfection for a fanciful girl of eleven. It fits her to a t. Smokey Shadow Bitty Dot ribbon hide the seam between the stars and the hearts.



Next up, the masculine card. I'm going to send it along to her brother. This is something I've done in the past, made them each a card using the same basic supplies, but customized to each of them. Really a fun challenge. And they seemed to get a kick out of it. Here I cut the Star Cover Plate out of Ocean Tides cardstock. For the most part, when I took the die cut off my cutting plates, this is the arrangement of open/closed stars that I was left with. I could have just popped them out, but I thought it was random and pleasing, so I went with it.

I pulled in Super Stars and the Seeing Stars dies to help me out with my main focal point. Stars, stars...and more stars.



I did put a few stars back in the cover plate cut so I would have a stamping surface for my star trail. I stamped the dotted trail from Super Stars twice, once in Ocean Tides and again in Tropical Teal. Then I added stamped stars from Simple Stars in a variety of patterns. Lastly, I filled in the spaces with various little stars from Super Stars. I love how interesting, yet subtle this looks.

The quote, from Simple Stars, was heat embossed in white over the whole thing. Lovely.


Shifting gears a bit to BB: Random Stripe. Here I have a background made up of the layer strips. First I stamped the thicker stripe in the lighter color. The second step was stamping the darker color in the thinner strip stripe over top. I love the two tone look...so much depth.

I'd like to say that I planned for the spacing here....the four stamped strips evenly placed on a 4"x5.25" panel, leaving a 1/4" border around for an A2 cardbase. I usually figure that stuff in. Not this time...this was absolutely random:). I'm pleased that it fits so nicely.

Just to give you the colors for reference from left to right:

Plum Pudding and Winter Wisteria
Tropical Teal on Hawaiian Shores
Ripe Avocado on Simply Chartreuse
Enchanted Evening on Blueberry Sky

I went with white flowers, die cut from Beautiful Bloom II #2 dies and topped them with a combination of all the Button Stack dies in coordinating colors, including the new ones being released this week.


And lastly, a card using The A-Mazing Stamp Set and the Maze dies. Here, I just embossed the die onto a white base and added a heart from Love Lives Here collection. The arrow and die are from the new Teepee Time. I heat embossed my sentiment in white on Smokey Shadow cardstock. This is a great love note for your significant other...definitely not too mushy, but absolutely from the heart.


Just a close up of that embossing. Quick and easy folks if you need to whip up something quick.

That's it for me today. I've got a busy day with birthday parties and family photos:). Be back tomorrow with more.

More inspiration from the team below. And remember, these new products are available in a few short days. You can add them to your crafting arsenal come 10 PM EST on April 15th at www.papertreyink.com.

Danielle Flanders
Lizzy Jones
Melissa Bickford
Lexi Daly
Ashley Cannon Newell



Supplies

Hearts and Stars Card
Stamps: Simple Stars, Happy Hearts
Cardstock: Stamper's Select White, Smokey Shadow
Ink: Berry Sorbet, Melon Berry, Summer Sunrise, Simple 
Chartreuse, Aqua Mist
Dies: Stars Cover Plate, Heart Cover Plate
Smokey Shadow Bitty Dot Ribbon

Let Your Light Shine Card
Stamps: Simple Stars, Super Stars
Cardstock: Ocean Tides, Classic Kraft, Stamper's Select White
Ink: Tropical Teal, Ocean Tides
Dies: Stars Cover Plate, Seeing Stars

Thank You Card
Stamps: BB: Random Stripe, Keep It Simple: Thank You, Leave it Be
Dies: Leave It Be, Mini Button Stacks, Button Stacks III
Cardstock: Plum Pudding, Winter Wisteria, Tropical Teal, Hawaiian Shores, Ripe Avocado, Simply Chartreuse, Blueberry Sky, Enchanted Evening, Smokey Shadow
Ink: Plum Pudding, Winter Wisteria, Tropical Teal, Hawaiian Shores, Ripe Avocado, Simply Chartreuse, Blueberry Sky, Enchanted Evening

So Happy We Ended Up Here
Stamps: The A-Mazing Stamp Set, TeePee Time
Dies: Maze Dies, Love Lives Here
Cardstock: Smokey Shadow, Stamper's Select White, Pure Poppy
Smokey Shadow Simple Stripe





11 comments:

  1. I love your green star card with the paired sentiment! Perfect card for so many reasons and occasions!! Color, grunge, mix of patterns, tone on tone, etc

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the rainbow star card. I think the use of color was fantastic - great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome designs. I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful, wonderful cards, Erin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Knock my socks, why don't you! Regrettably, the star cover plate is not floating my boat...and I love stars! Your "simple" first card with the different stripes of color and pattern, with the line of hearts below with their coordinating color, but different pattern, is the only "just cover plate card that I truly adore. (It only looks simple because you are so good at it.)

    Your masculine star card is wonderful. This is the way this cover-plate has been used that I like best - in the background with a mix on top. You have used the colors so artfully, that you really play up the fabulous design. (I really must remember that color combo for guy cards!)

    Swooonnnnn. Everything about your "Thank You" card is too perfect! I've been waiting to see this two color treatment of your striped background, and yours does not disappoint. I can hardly wait to see what your stripes look like in the set reveal. That background is a knockout (especially the palette you chose), and the button bits in those flower dies are going to be a new obsession of mine! At first, the color Smokey Shadow seemed redundant to black, but the difference for when Shadow is a better option, is getting much clearer to me, and your cards are perfect examples of that.

    "So Happy" is a case in point. Just love the way you combined sets, and the stunning use of your three colors. The embossed maze is so subtle, and works wonderfully with the arrow.

    Well, sorry for going on like this. You know all these things, but they are revelations to me. It is such a treat to see what a great creative soul can do with fabulous materials in their hands. Thank you for your sharing and for all the wonderful designs you contribute to Papertrey's line-up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful cards....one and all! The masculine star card has so many unexpected elements. I love it. I also like seeing the stars and hearts used together in the "sister card!" Thanks for all the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you used the heart row with all the stars and the wonderful sentiments you chose. The lcard with the large star is a showstopper. It has so many fantastic details.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all your cards. They are amazing

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really cute cards! I especially like the green and yellow star card!I love the inlay of the stars!

    ReplyDelete