Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Monthly Moments: August

We're at the halfway point of the August Papertrey Ink Release. Today, the whole gang is showcasing cards and projects made with Heather's August Monthly Moments Collection. And I have some additional projects to share using the new Stitched Circle Dies that will also be releasing this month.


First up, my Monthly Moments project. A sentiment from the Monthly Moments: August stamp set coordinated exceptionally well with one of the journal cards from the Monthly Moments: Journal Card Collection. I thought the two of them teamed up would make a lovely card. An arrow cut and stamped from Teepee Time could highlight any day on this list, depending on what is appropriate.

For some dimensional embellishments, I used colorful brads as my bullet points to coordinate with the colors this month. I also die cut a heart from the Heart-2-Heart #3 die, adhered it, and coated it with Glossy Accents. Done. Easy!


Next up, time for some projects using the Stitched Circle Dies. The Stitched Rectangle Dies have been such a staple in my supply arsenal. The Stitched Circles are going to be right up there as well. Here, I cut a large Stitched Circle out of Orange Zest Bitty Dot Pattern Paper. I also cut out of True Black Cardstock the Seasonal Stitches: Pumpkin Face and stitched that into my orange circle using the coordinating "holes only" die. I used green floss to stitch in an easy and quick running stitch around my pumpkin. A loop of Dark Chocolate Satin Ribbon serves as my stem. The bow created with tying off my green floss serves as the pumpkin leaves.

Every card needs a touch of detail. I felt that I accomplished that with the stitching elements, so the rest of the card I kept simple. Just a title die cut from the Treat-or-Treat Trio dies and a cut of the Cover Plate: Horizontal Stripes.


I talked a little yesterday about how I like to make my new products coordinate with existing products in the PTI catalog. It is just such a bonus that I try to do it as often as I possibly can. With the Stitched Circle Dies, one of the circles measures 1.75" and another 2.5"...which just happens to be the same sizes as the Limitless Layers: Circles. (1.75" and 2.5"). YAY! Throw in the fact we have a huge library of 1/75" circle stamps, this new die collection is becoming more and more versatile by the minute.

On this tag, I cut the Stitched Circle Die that coordinates with the 2.5" Circle. I quickly used red floss to add a running stitch around the parameter (very quick...I'm surprised how quick this is for the amount of reward), and tied it in a bow. I stamped a 1.75" circle tag from the 2011 Holiday Tag Collection and then mounted everything on the scalloped border from the 2.5" Limitless Layers Circle Dies.


As for felt applications, the Stitch Circle Dies make great felt yoyos. Just stitch in a running stitch in one direction, pull tight on both ends of the thread to make it scrunch up, and then tie off. Type in "yoyo" in the search box at Pinterest and a world of possibility opens up to you. They are just classic. Here I added them to the Clever Barrette Die.


Exploring the yoyo idea more, I made this Christmas tree ornament using all six sizes from the Stitched Circle Die Collection. I stitched this all together in a stack and added buttons on the top (star) and bottom (tree trunk). Took me 45 minutes at most.


Here's...hopefully...a better view of the ornament. It's a bit tough to photograph. But you get the idea. This would be a great gift this holiday season. This one is definitely going on my tree.

As far as yoyos are concerned, I'll issue a little warning. They are addictive. And they eat up some CRAZY felt. They use a good bit.  If you are going to do a large yoyo project, just keep that in mind and plan accordingly.

The whole team is pitching in today with Monthly Moments inspiration. And Lexi and Lizzie have new product previews as well. Here's the list. Just a click away:

Nichole Heady
Betsy Veldman
Dawn McVey
Maile Belles
Heather Nichols
Melissa Phillips
Danielle Flanders
Laura Bassen
Laurie Willison
Ashley Cannon Newell
Lizzie Jones
Lexi Daly


Supplies

Monthly Moments Card
Stamps: Monthly Moments, Teepee Time
Dies: Heart-2-Heart 3, Teepee Time
August Monthly Moments Journal Card Collection
True Black, Hibiscus Burst Cardstock

Pumpkin Card
Dies: Stitched Circles, Seasonl Stitches: Pumpkin Face, Treat-or-Treat Trio, Cover Plate: Horizontal Stripes
Orange Zest Bitty Dot Pattern Paper
Carstock: True Black, Classic Kraft, Stamper's Select White
Dark Chocolate Satin Ribbon
Floss

Christmas Tag
Stamps: 2011 Holiday Tags, Christmas Joy 
Dies: Tag Sale 1, Limitless Layers 2.5" Circles, Stitched Circles
Cardstock: Stamper's Select White, Simply Chartreuse, Classic Kraft
Ink: Simply Chartreuse, Pure Poppy

Barrettes
Dies: Stitched Circles, Clever Barrette Dies, Hello Friend
Felt: Harvest Gold, Melon Berry, Ocean Tides, Vintage Cream
Harvest Gold Button

Ornament
Dies: Stitched Circles
Felt: Limeade Ice, Simply Chartreuse
Buttons: Harvest Gold, Dark Chocolate
Baker's Twine

7 comments:

  1. Wow - making yoyos is a neat way to use the dies! I wouldn't have thought of that. And they are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE yoyos and that tree is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you did with the stitched circle dies: I love to sew, and it looks like this collection of dies is made for me!! Thanks for the great ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great variety of projects...something for everyone. The holiday gift card is exceptionall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great projects. Like how you just used the white on a bit of the horizontal stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really cute projects! The Christmas tag is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Felt yo-yos! How sweet is that ornament! Love all these wonderful ideas!!!

    ReplyDelete