Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Introducing Baker's Dozen

It's time to celebrate the second Papertrey Ink Group Post Day with thirteen decorated cupcakes in the new Baker's Dozen Collection by Nichole. We've got a cupcake for every month of the year. How fun is that? And the most delightful bannered frame you have ever seen. Shot right up to the top of the list of my favorites.

 
First up, I've got my birthday month of July represented in this strawberry lemonade cupcake on a gorgeously detailed cake plate. Of course, this could be any variation of strawberry cupcake, just a matter of how you want to color it. I've placed my cupcake with in the Phrase Play #12 frame, underneath the word "party". A old favorite, Strawberry Patch, adds addition thematic elements to the background and provides the word "summertime" for me. Streamers from the Birthday Style Die set help set the summer soiree vibe. Ah...what I wouldn't do for a summer party in July right about now. :)




Next up, I put multiple cupcakes to work on this card. They are the perfect little morsels if you have the coloring itch. Small, fun, and just the right amount of detail to maximize the creative benefit to your mood. Give me 30 minutes of exercise and 30 minutes of strings free creativity a day to keep me happy. :)



Now how about that frame? Is it not the cutest thing? All manner of fun images can fit inside in style. I especially appreciate how the banner can be cut out of a separate color and added on top. 

I used vellum to fill my frame. Not necessary, but I think with the patterned paper it adds a little something. 

Really diggin' this collection. And with a cupcake a month, there is great potential to make some really personalized cards. 


I've got another project for you using my new Stitched Swirls Dies. I created this tag and framed my felt star (Coffee Cozy Detail Collection) with the triple loop die. Not unlike the frame above, come to think of it:). I used the banner from Baker's Dozen to add my sentiment. 

A tip when using stitching dies with floss/string on paper: I like to back them with matching cardstock. Helps the holes fade into the background a bit. So on this one in particular, I just cut two Basic Bookmark 1 dies and covered up the back of the one with the other. 

More inspiration below: 



Supplies

Summertime Party
Stamps: Baker's Dozen, Strawberry Patch, Phrase Play #12
Dies: Baker's Dozen, Cake Plate, Uncorked, Phrase Play #12, Birthday Style
Cardstock: Sweet Blush, Spring Rain, Lemon Tart, Pure Poppy
Sweet Blush Gingham, Spring Rain Bitty Dot
Ink: True Black, Pure Poppy
Copics

Sprinkled with Love Trio
Stamps: Baker's Dozen, No Strings Attached
Dies: Baker's Dozen, Small Scallop Border
Cardstock: Stamper's Select White, Spring Rain, Dark Chocolate
Ink: True Black, Dark Chocolate
Patterned Paper: Sweet Spots, Sparkle and Shine

Celebrate Stitched Tag
Stamps: Baker's Dozen
Dies: Stitched Swirls, Baker's Dozen, Coffee Cozy Details, Basic Bookmark 1
Cardstock: Spring Rain, Aqua Mist
Felt: Simply Chartreuse
Button and Polka Dot Ribbon in Blueberry Sky


12 comments:

  1. I really like your summertime party card! Great way to use the journal card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! Love the cupcakes and how to pair them up either by birthday month or a scattering of a few different ones to make a general card. Love the rustic look of the stitching. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really have a party going on over here this morning. Fun fun cards, Erin, and now I think I may also have to take Strawberry Patch off my wishlist and put it in my cart. How did that happen?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I give 2 thumbs up! That first card is fabulous! And the second one as well! I love that cute little tag too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Erin - Love how you used the vellum on your second card. I think it adds so much. Love all of the cards and the tag.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just LOVE both of your cupcake cards - so clever! Very pretty bookmark tag - excellent tip about cutting 2 when stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad I have Strawberry Patch - love the way you used it! Might have to CASE that tag too - very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, wow, awesome party invite. Love all the projects.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the strawberries you chose for the first card and the sun ray for the other. They make the design so fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hard to pick a favorite. All cards are great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love them all! The stitched tag is perfect!

    ReplyDelete