Monday, March 23, 2015

Happy April Birthday!

My sweet niece, who is not so little any more, is turning 12 next month. She lives in England as well, so timing the mail to get over there is a bit tricky. With those two things in mind, I came up with this birthday card for her. It's a bit more sophisticated than she has gotten from me in the past. She's 12 after all. And I choose the sentiment on the front to cover the entire month, just in case the mail gets held up. I've always had problems getting them stuff. Which is unfortunate. I'm just hoping she gets this in April.


I just had to get the Stitched Cover Plate die from the February Release. It adds so much subtle texture. In love. Totally and completely.  I also adore the font used in the Monthly Moments: Year Around stamp set, which I used to stamp "April". And we've got the flower cluster from the Quilted: Spring Collection by Betsy. Both the stamps and the dies are used here from that.

I can see myself making a 12 card set to give as a gift, one card for every month. I have no idea what lays ahead with the Quilted Collection, but I'm hoping that I can use the "extras" from each set for the appropriate months. The whole package would look fabulous.

Restocked my envelopes and was thrilled to be able to line one with Winter Wisteria Gingham patterned paper and the Envelope Liner Die.


Don't forget to stamp the backs of your card for a very finished look. The little saying from my Quick Stitch: Sewing Staples exclusive stamp set is going to get lots of use doing just that on many of my cards yet to come. It's still available if you want to add it to your collection right here.



2 comments:

  1. Ooh, this is so pretty! I'm going to have to make one for my niece who has an April birthday also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww...this is so pretty! Love it!

    ReplyDelete