Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Along Came A Spider + Autumn Chicken Scratch

So here's a card for you that combines two products in a way I never even thought possible. It was only after it was said and done that I realized how much they were meant to go together.

Along Came A Spider and Autumn Chicken Scratch

Because if you think about it, it looks like the spider stitched in the Chicken Scratch! So cute! I'm tickled with the accidental cleverness of it. Believe me, I didn't set out planning on this one at all.

I used the Royal Velvet colored paper from Autumn Chicken Scratch and cut it out with the Embroidered Frame: Hex Die. Another spot on pairing with Chicken Scratch. Going to be doing that again and again. I cut and glued it on an angle on my card front. A little stamping from the Chicken Scratch stamp set was accented with buttons and black glossy dots from Doodlebug Design. They have green flecks in them...very Halloween-y. I then pulled out my Along Came a Spider Dies and stamp set that I released last fall. The Along Came a Spider Dies are stitching dies and can be used with felt and sewn up, but here I used them on paper. And instead of stitching, I used the coordinating stamp set to give it a faux stitched look. Same look, fraction of the time. And Balloon Strings Dies (a new go-to for me!) were used to have my spider and Tiny Tag hanging from the top.

If you are a fan of the country aesthetic, this is certainly the Halloween card for you. All that stitchy-goodness with a spooky theme.

Thanks for stopping by today. The Autumn Chicken Scratch Paper pad is going to be available at Papertrey Ink on release night, just a few more days away on August 15th.  Scare up some spooky country fun of your own!

Supplies
Stamps: Chicken Scratch, Along Came a Spider, Fall Friendship Jar Filler
Dies: Along Came a Spider, Tiny Tags, Embroidered Frame: Hex Die, Balloon Strings
Patterned Paper: Autumn Chicken Scratch
Orange Zest Buttons


11 comments:

  1. This is so cute...I'm glad I bought the Chicken Scratch stamps! ... You have given us so much inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute!
    I like to make quick easy cards and this has given me some ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute!
    I like to make quick easy cards and this has given me some ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute playful card! Love the border around the Chicken Scratch paper!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute card. The balloon string on the "boo" is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very fun how you brought all those pieces together - the card is fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Erin,

    SPOOKY in the best definition of cards!!!!!!

    Cariños,
    María Alba

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh so cute & I don't like spiders...! Serious heebee jeebees!

    ReplyDelete