Friday, September 11, 2015

Christmas Tree Change Up Day 2

Back again with more sneaks of my new products being released at Papertrey Ink this month. Definitely going to start showing you some possibilities today. What I'll be showing will not exhaust the possibilities for the Christmas Tree Change Up Collection, by any means. I have plenty more later to show you when it comes to this versatile collection of paper crafting products.

Christmas Tree Change Up Co-Worker Gift, Papertrey Ink

First up, I have something I've been referring to as the "Perfect Co-worker Gift". Imagine showing up at your desk and seeing sweet, little vintage style Christmas tree, complete with Hershey Kiss "presents" and a mini felt tree skirt? Talk about something that would make your day.

Here I used the Christmas Tree Change Up Box die to create this four sided Christmas tree. There are even dies to create the four sided star that tops it all off.  I also used the Christmas Tree Change Up Stamps to stamp the surfaces and give it some pizzazz.  Three adhesive red glitter dots help define the front of the tree.

Monogrammed tree skirt doubles as a coaster, Papertrey Ink

Once the chocolate is consumed (and it's just the right amount, a small indulgence but not so much that a person would go off the rails for the day),  you move the tree to see that not only was that a mini tree skirt, but a monogrammed felt coaster as well. The coaster is made out of the second largest Stitched Circle, Cross Stitch Alphabet, and the Stitched Swirls, all in colors that match the Christmas tree box.

Christmas Tree Change Up Box Die on wooden cube

The tree itself stands on its own, thanks to a 3.4" inch wooden block that is hot glued on the bottom. A great little something to decorate the desk for the season. And no guilt when it gets discarded in January. Win-win.

Christmas Tree Change Up Box Die paper ornament

More on the Christmas Tree Change Up Box. The main box is one die that you cut twice. You place one over the other, like an "x". Fold up and glue the sides. Very easy. (No worries if I'm not making myself super clear, there will be videos by the time the countdown is finished. Working on those!) On this gingham ornament, I cut one Christmas Tree Change Up Box Die out of Aqua Mist and another out of Simply Chartreuse. When folded up, the sides alternate color all the way around.

I also used the Christmas Tree Change Up Card Dies on this project. They were used to cut the Chicken Scratch Paper and glued on the sides for some contrast. Hearts and circles are from the Love Lives Here Die collection.

Jingle bells are inside this paper ornament, so they chime in a festive way when this ornament is handled.

String Frames Dies from Papertrey Ink

Next up, a card project for you. The "change up" part of the Christmas Tree Change Up Collection comes from the fact that you can morph this particular set of products into so many different types of  projects. Seriously, it is packed with value thanks to all the versatility. You've got your 3D projects above, but things work just as well on card fronts. Here I used the Christmas Tree Change Up Stamps and Card Dies on a card. The sentiment is from last year's Holiday Double Cuts.

Easily frame your focal point with String Frames Die Collection by Papertrey Ink

Also of note, I'm putting my new String Frames Collection to work for me to help give my card some definition. I used the largest of the three dies on the Simply Chartreuse card front. This one just puts two holes in each corner. With one pass through your die cut machine, you get all 8 perfectly aligned holes on your paper. All that is left to do is sew some thread to stretch between the corners and tie off your thread tight on the back of your project. Over and done with in a minute. Super easy, but with lots of impact.

Beaded Holiday Quick Stitch Kit + Enclosed Star

Next up, I've been fooling around with the Beaded Holiday Stitch Kit. Can't put it down. And one my creative guilty pleasures in life is to mix and match products. So there's that motivation. :) I have a pretty smart little 7 year old who has been putting lots of effort into his spelling and math flash cards. Such a good boy. Always has a smile on his face. I wanted to show him some appreciation. I made this door hanger for his bedroom door using the Stitched Garland and Beaded Holiday: Star from the kit. All out of paper.

Stitched Garland Dies modified for paper door hanger

I do have it hanging on a knob that is on a blackboard backdrop (dude...tongue twister). I could move this arrangement outside to take advantage of the natural light for my photo. But seeing as it was so dark and gloomy here yesterday, I couldn't get a decent photo of it on a door knob. But trust me, it works. It's hanging on Hank's door right now.

Because it is made entirely out of paper, I did have to cut the loop as shown. That helps you slip it over the door knob. And the door knob hides the cut, so no biggie.

Enclosed Star and Bead Holiday Star a Nice Match

A sweet find...Enclosed Star Dies nest perfectly on the Beaded Holiday Star. Score! There's some versatility for you. Would look great on a card. Which, I'm sure I'll be trying out sooner rather than later.

So, all paper and no stitching on this particular project, even if it uses two dies from the Beaded Holiday Stitch Kit. Love that about it. All about making it work for what you are in the mood for. )

Thanks for joining me. I'll be back tomorrow with more. The Christmas Tree Change Up Collection and the Stringed Frames will be available on September 15th at 10 PM EST at www.papertreyink.com. The Beaded Holiday Stitch Kit is available now. If you want to see more of what that can do, here's a link to my introductory blog post.

More inspiration about the September release can be found at Nichole's blog. Always excellent eye candy.

Supplies

The Perfect Co-Worker Gift
Stamps: Christmas Tree Change Up
Dies: Christmas Tree Change Up Box Dies, Stitch Circles, Cross Stitch Alphabet, Stitch Swirls
Cardstock: Stamper's Select White
Felt: Pure Poppy
Ink: Aqua Mist and Pure Poppy

Gingham Ornament
Dies: Christmas Tree Change Up Box and Card Dies, Love Lives Here
Patterned Paper: Chicken Scratch
Cardstock: Simply Chartreuse, Ripe Avocado, Ocean Tides, Aqua Mist

Joy Card
Stamps: Christmas Tree Change Up
Dies: Christmas Tree Change Up Card Dies, Stringed Frames, Holiday Double Cuts
Cardstock: Simply Chartreuse, Pure Poppy, Stamper's Select White
Ink: Scarlet Jewel, Ripe Avocado, Fresh Snow

Super Star Door Hanger
Beaded Holiday Stitch Kit
Stamps: Enclosed Star
Dies: Enclosed Star
Cardstock: Tropical Teal, Orange Zest, Summer Sunrise, New Leaf
Ink: New Leaf, Tropical Teal, Orange Zest











.








17 comments:

  1. What an incredible gift for a co-worker! Love the sweet tree-skirt/coaster! And the tree is adorable! Fantastic and inspiring post!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the versatility of the Christmas Tree Change Up Box Die.
    Darleen H.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, Erin, now I'm starting to worry. Yesterday's post left me a bit puzzled, but today I'm seeing the possibilities. I think I'm in big trouble :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This tree set is so great - oh, the possibilities that I'm thinking of.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The tree box makes a really clever little gift holder, and I like the way you finished the whole presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your little pyramid tree is wonderful...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Erin -- I am always amazed at the art you produce. THANK YOU for your creativity and ability to 'see beyond' the stamp and die to what it could be. As Garth would say, "I am not worthy!" ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the treat box with the coaster. You right it would brighten anyone's day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are adorable! Love the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Erin,

    Leave it to you to bring us such delightful projects and inspiration! Can't wait for more to come!!!

    Cariños,
    María Alba

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have been one busy gal, Erin. Your Christmas Tree Box Die looks very versatile, and besides that it is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am just firing from the cuteness! The little tree with the skirt....gah!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. grrr....I hate spell check sometimes.....dying from the cuteness!

      Delete
  13. How super cute!!! I LOVE all these fun Christmas tree projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. All your projects are adorable. Love the "co-worker" gift--it is so sweet (pardon the pun).

    ReplyDelete