Friday, February 19, 2010

Guy Cards

Here in the Parsoneault family, we have a slew of June/July birthdays, myself included. Then we all went out and got married, hooked up with serious boyfriends, and procreated and by some twist of fate, now have just as many February birthdays. As I like to say, "February is the new July, only a helluva lot colder".

Two brother-in-laws are celebrating this week, putting me on the spot for some manly cards. I hear the masculine cards are hard to do. Grrr. Dunno. Stay away from polka dots, hearts, flowers, and pink and I think you have a good start. Besides, guys aren't picky. Slap a button on a bottle of beer and they'll be thrilled.


Teamed up two of my favorite things for these--stamps and die cuts. Can't go wrong. Tattoo border is a Silhouette shape. I found lots of tattoo style dingbats online yesterday if you want more options, a la Jon Gosselin wearing Ed Hardy t-shirts. Just try to ignore that association between the two in your head. I mean, total ICK right?!?!?!?

Paper is Black Tie Basic Grey, which I hear they are re-releasing on their website as a "vintage" collection. It's about 6 years old. I'm 33...what does that make me?:) Sentiment from PTI Big and Bold Wishes. Seriously becoming a go-to sentiment set for me. Lots of unusual ones.

After all that, I'm going to make up bunch of these. They work for guys and was tickled it came together so easily. No need to reinvent the wheel, aye?

Supplies:

Stamps: PTI Star Prints and Big and Bold Wishes; Die cut: Silhouette cut file grunge_tribal_band_C20090820120418_18816; Basic Grey Black Tie; Perfect Match Hybrid Ink in Pure Poppy; Punch: Fiskars

5 comments:

  1. 33? Your just a babe! Take it from a soon to be 48 year old:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. O my, what a beautiful cards! Love the paper, but if it;s vintage, we are getting old fast....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Antique. It makes you antique. But I'm 37, so what does that make me?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool, Erin!! Great take on the "male card problem" ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Guy cards are a real challenge, because girls make supplies...
    I'm a guy, and I must say I love it.
    I need that tribal band shape for MY silhouette!
    -paperlover

    ReplyDelete