Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Q&A from the last few weeks

OK. Got a lot of comments/questions to answer. Let's get right to it, shall we?

Question: How do you make the basket in my Egg Hunt Card?

Answer: Here's a step by step for you.
  1. You'll need oval and label trio dies by Spellbinders. You can cut them all out on a single piece of 4x8.5 inch cardstock.
  2. Make the following cuts with your die cut machine.
  3. The ringed oval is made by cutting one oval inside the other.
  4. Cut the solid oval in this manner. You'll want to use the middle piece, discarding the top and bottom.
  5. Stamp with Background Basics: Tin Types with Dark Chocolate Perfect Match Hybrid Ink.
  6. Adhere pieces together. Pop dot label pieces for dimensions.
  7. All done.
  8. Adhere to your card and fill with eggs from Egg Hunt.
Question: What were the dimensions for the clear box I used for my Egg Hunt project and how did you cover it?


Answer: It's a 2x3 inch box from www.clearenvelopes.com. I made a simple sleeve to go around, by making score lines on my cardstock every 2+ inches. If you score it at the exact meausurements, it won't fit, you need a little extra for each corner. Then, just adhere a handle to the inside of the sleeve and attach to box.

Question: What Janome Sew It Mini did you get?
Answer: This one. And it is awesome. So glad I got it.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for showing us the steps, Erin. Visual aids are always so helpful for me. Your projects are so darned cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This basket is so cute! What a great way to make the most of your dies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing. I love the Easter basket so much! I used to love seeing you in CK and am thrilled you're a PTI gal now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited you answered my question about the basket. Thank you, thank you. I am going home to try it tonight. I think it is super creative and I would never have thought that up. So simple, but it looks like it was a special template or pattern. Thanks again. So glad you are on the Papertrey team.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for the step by step instructions. I think I might even be able to do one of those adorable baskets.

    ReplyDelete