Monday, February 8, 2010

Valentine's Week

It's my favorite week of the year! And I have a staggering amount of little lovies and goodies to make for people between now and Sunday. Doesn't seem to be quite the Hallmark holiday when you go out of your way to make it special and homemade for people, kwim, so one must solider on with it:). Twist my arm, red's my favorite color. Pans out well for you too, as I'm posting something new everyday in honor of the big day o' love.


I made this card the other week for the Silhouette blog and had this pretty little pile of red hearts left over from the background. Putting those to use in a bunch of my cards this week. Which, kind of brings be to the topic of how much fun it can be to use things that are right on your desk. I was on a roll yesterday with using basically the same techniques and the same products. No thinking involved, just going for it. Really my most creative time, which is the opposite of what you would think would happen. Like that little heart swag. I mean, how cute is that? Will be adapting that for a lot of projects. I always start out thinking that everything I will make will look the same, but it never does.


Off to Walmart. I have LipSmackers, Marshmallow Frogs, and Swedish Fish on my list. Sounds like ingredients for a Valentine's Stew, doesn't it? Guess you'll just have to wait and see.

Supplies for Lollipop Card: Lollipop and tag dies by Silhouette; Sentiment from Everyday Button Bits by PTI; Ribbon by PTI

Supplies for Adore Card: Vintage Label Set, Sweet Love stamps by PTI; Basic Upper Case Letters and Write Your Own Stamp by Hero Arts; Ribbon and Buttons from PTI; Scallop Die (available Feb 15) and Black and White Basics Paper by PTI

1 comment: