Saturday, June 12, 2010

Friendship Jar

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! I can't really express how much I completely adore the Friendship Jar and Fillers Stamps along with all the dies. I'm so excited for all you PTI fans tonight when you see everything. It's got to be a little like Christmas, because that's how I felt when I first saw it all. The way the dies coordinate with the stamps blows the whole thing into another dimension. And then there's the fabulous concept by Michelle. So hard to resist with all the possibilities it offers. How could anybody resist?



My goal this month was to come up with a clever Mason Jar gift using only the supplies I had on hand. No shopping for me. It was a good challenge, not to mention a surprising one when I found I could pretty much whip up something fantastic out of what seemed like nothing. Anybody can make homemade bubble brew for all the little and big kids in your life with items hanging around the house. Or, who's to know if you decide to go with premade bubble solution to fill that Mason jar? Add a few drops of food coloring to make it seem special.



Card-wise, I filled my jar stamp with a paper pieced bubble wand out of Hibiscus Burst cardstock. I made the rings with Spellbinders dies and then just joined them with a strip of cardstock. If you had circle punches in various sizes, you could probably do something similar. Notice that I adhered the bubble wand to the blank jar die before stamping  it so it would look like the wand was in the jar.  Bubbles are made with circle stamps from Shapes By Design that are just lightly inked in Aqua Mist.



Container-wise, I picked up a paper mache vase for a buck at Joann's awhile ago. I generally make it a point to pick up random containers from dollar spots all over town. You just never know when you are going to need something late at night. I left the finish natural and just wrapped Papertrey Ink ribbon around. Bubble wand was something I recycled. Got a million of those around here. The jar I kept super simple, bubble solution is messy and I didn't feel there was any need for decoration if it was going to get heavily handled.

I'm staying up late tonight to see what all the girl's are doing with this set. Always so impressed with the talent of this group. And very, very, very pleased to be a part of it.

Betsy Veldman
Dawn McVey
Debbie Olson
Heather Nichols
Lisa Johnson
Melissa Phillips
Michelle Wooderson
Niki Estes
Kim Hughes
Maile Belles

Enjoy and I dare you to resist.:)

Supplies:

Stamps: Friendship Jar, Shapes by Designs, Polka Dot Basics II, Just for You, Dot SpotBig and Bold Wishes
Perfect Match Cardstock: Hawaiian Shores, Hibicus Burst
Stamper's Select Cardstock
Perfect Match Ink: Hibicus Burst, Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores, True Black
Ribbon: Hibicus Burst Grosgrain, Hawaiian Shores Satin Dot
Dies: Friendship Jar
Other: Spellbinders Die
Other: Crystals, Versamark Pad

18 comments:

  1. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO casing you!!! I {HEART} that bubble jar.. GASP!!! oh I can't stand it.. This month the time is just over the time awesome.. WOW... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A-MAZ-ING! arn't you jut the cleverest girl ever?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a super-cute, super-fun idea! I LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clever girl. Love what you created.
    Eveline.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so great! Love this idea! I had so much Fun reading you post. I have to follow your example! I also buy stuff everytime I want to make something.
    Sandra :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. SUPER sweet, I knew just KNEW you would knock this set out of the park! Can't wait to see what other projects you think of in the future...and hope you are feeling well!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW Erin, you always come up with the MOST clever concepts, and this is no exception!! Bubbles, who'd of thunk ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Erin you always have the most original ideas - I loved your magnet plane card and soon created my own girly version - and I can see me casing this idea for a certain little person's birthday later this month. Thanks so much for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. THIS on BEDREST! Erin, you are simply AMAZING.

    Is MONDAY the big day???? Can't wait to HEAR when the little one has arrived. Please have hubby give us a quick update.

    I sooooooooooooo love your creative mind. This project is soooooooooo STININ cute!

    Best Wishes for a smooth, fast, peaceful, HEALTHY delivery day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant. That's all I can say about the bubble wand. Simply brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are brilliant! I love what you've done with the set! You inspire me! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How clever! Love your take on using the jar image. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your idea! How amazing to come up with such an awesome gift. Best wishes for that new baby!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have been checking your post every day to see how you have been doing (awaited for your latest post).... I am glad to see that all is well with you and enjoyed seeing your video, and...yes your hubby is pretty darn cute too!!! Wishing you are your family many happy moments in the weeks to come!!! Lori Winters

    ReplyDelete
  15. That bubble jar idea is just too cute! Thanks for the inspiration! And the "baby" video is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Okay, I totally missed that video of you and your husband in the baby store, and I was in need of a piddle pad myself...I was laughing so hard about him pondering blow outs that I had to stop and play it again to make sure I didn't miss anything! What might be even cuter is how hard you were laughing at him! If there is more footage from this shopping escapade you must share!

    ReplyDelete