Friday, August 13, 2010

Colorblocked Thanks

It's been a bit of crafty craziness around here for three weeks. Got a little time now that the PTI August release is a wrap. Good stuff for you, can't wait until you see tomorrow night. How much time do you think will pass before I'm at my table stamping? I give it 24 hours before I need to play again. In the meantime, how about a card?

This was a stretch for me. Not something I usually do. Had an idea and just let myself go along with it. So very pleased with how it turned out.


I cut the letters and rectangles out with my Silhouette. All the cardstock is textured. Used it to my advantage to make the tone on tone letters stand out more. The rectangles were adhered textured side down, the letters, texture side up. Just a little visual play for you. The fourth and missing rectangle has some stamp work.  PTI Turning A New Leaf, Inside/Out: Thank You (love that series), and Dark Chocolate Ink with Palette's Landscape Ink balance everything out. One of those design ideas that's going in my file to be used again.

7 comments:

  1. This is so striking. I love how modern it looks. Fabulous inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Striking and different! Very very nice! I LOVED your vellum Ghosties card .... Looking forward to the PTI release!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card. I love that "simple" can be so stunning.
    Eveline.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you use solid blocks or do they have the letters cut out. I can't tell if you layered the letters on solid rectangles or if you use the scraps. Either way this looks very cool and even easy enough for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome design, Erin! Love the way you used the big letters and buttons on this. Makes me want to dig out some of those chipboard letters I never quite know what to do with...thanks for the inspiration, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this one, Erin. It's got nice clean lines, great design-just perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE
    THIS CARD. If it were on facebook, I would be a fan!!!

    ReplyDelete