1. Modern Family last night. O. M. G. Quite possibly the funniest sitcom episode I have ever seen. I kept rewinding it on my DVR. Matt reminds me of Phil.
2. It's tax season around here. Grrrr. But I'm choosing to buckle down and make the best of it. We're using the time to firm up a new family schedule. Figure I can do anything for 13 weeks. It's clockwork around here people. On my to-do list tonight? A bubble bath with the new issues of EW and Oprah. I kid you not. You know what all those ladies magazines say: schedule some time for yourself. I'm a willing disciple.
3. Best homemade hot chocolate? The recipe on the back of the Hershey Hot Cocoa box. With whole milk. The mix recipe I used wasn't WOW enough for me to recommend. And besides it made a metric shit ton (yep, officially Lincoln vocabulary) of the stuff. You might want smaller quantities. As for peppermint marshmallows, I printed the recipe and can't find the link again. Aren't I so very helpful?:) Google for the recipe and search for one that doesn't require egg whites. That's my advice. That and if there was ever a time to buy a Kitchen Aid stand mixer if you don't already have one, it is when you want to make homemade marshmallows.
4. Matt and I got invited to a Redneck Prom Party the weekend after Valentine's. I was considering not going, because I'm still nursing Eliza. But than it dawned on me...a baby is the PERFECT accessory at a Red Neck Prom! You can't buy that kind of bling at Claire's you know. So she's going with me...along with a Pack N Play. No worries, we're just going to a friend's house and she'll be catching Z's by 7:30. Got any ideas what outfit I should come up with?
5. I feel this book has gotten way too much press. Every magazine or website I open has something to say about it. Please let's not encourage her.
6. On the other hand, this was my all time favorite book last year. Riveting. Keep in mind, with the addition of a second child, my reading habit has gone from one book a week to about one every other month.
7. Valentine's...anybody getting in the mood? Can you believe January is almost over? Every day is one day closer to spring. In the meantime, a little project. Not sure what I'm going to put in it yet. Something sweet for Matt no doubt. Need to get cracking on that. Take Out Box is a Silhouette file. Stamped on it before it was assembled so the pattern would match up around the corners.
Bo Bunny Paper