Sunday, February 12, 2012

Sweet Spring

It might be blowing and blustering outside right now, but I keep telling myself that spring is right around the corner. I am always counting down the days in February. I've noticed the days getting a little longer already and bulbs punching through the ground. Just a few more weeks. Surely, I can hack just a few more weeks, right?

Well, Papertrey Ink is getting me in the mood for soft breezes, egg hunts, and short sleeve tops with two fabulous spring releases--Sweet Spring and Scrambled Eggs (great name btw). I fell in love with both immediately. Especially the bunny with the ears! So cute.

But a little business first, if you are playing along with Nichole's blog with the egg scavenger hunt, here's my photo for that. You can officially cross that off your list. You spotted it!



As for my project, here is a clear, logo-free view of the card.


Now you might have caught my Make It Monday video this week about stamping on both sides of your die cut. The bunny ears are perfect for this technique! He looks so cute with an ear folded down. Buttons serve as Easter eggs in a Martha Steward border punched grass landscape. The casual little sentiment is stamped in Smokey Shadow.


It is always fun to make a coordinating project to go with a card. And I'm particularly fond of taking a $1 Spot or Dollar Store item and turning it into something special. I found the plastic tote at Target this week for a buck. They are still available, so hustle on out to the red bulls eye if you want to make this basket yourself. I used Soft Blush, Spring Rain, Lemon Tart, and Lavender Moon ribbon to weave in and out of the holes to give it a big dollar look, in no time at all. So very easy too by the way.


Grass, eggs, and the bunny are repeated on the front of the basket. The Sweet Spring label and sentiment add a little originality to the item, marrying well with those elements that match the card. I'm so happy to be getting some of the softer shades of ink in the mail. It's been so long since I've been able to use Spring Rain ink.

That's it for me tonight. I hope you have a spring in your step about the upcoming thaw and renewal of the upcoming season. Like I said, it's the only thing getting me through right now.

Be sure to hop on over to the other blogs in the PTI network and see some other festive projects using both Scrambled Eggs and Sweet Spring.


Nichole Heady
Jessica Witty
Betsy Veldman
Dawn McVey
Heather Nichols
Lisa Johnson
Melissa Phillips
Ashley Cannon Newell
Maile Belles
Danielle Flanders



Supplies

Card:
Stamps: Scrambled Eggs
Cardstock: Sweet Blush, Spring Rain, Spring Moss, Stamper's Select White
Dies: Egg and Scrambled Eggs
Buttons: Soft Blush, Plum Pudding, and Harvest Gold
Ink: Smokey Shadow, Spring Rain
Martha Stewart Border Punch
Prismacolor pencils

Basket:
Stamps: Sweet Spring and Scrambled Eggs
Ink: Smokey Shadow and Spring Rain
Cardstock: Stamper's Select White
Buttons: Soft Blush, Plum Pudding, and Harvest Gold
Spring Rain Grosgrain  Ribbon
Soft Blush Saddle Stitch Ribbon
Lavender Moon Swiss Dot
Lemon Tart Grosgrain
Dies: Christmas Label

Martha Stewart Border Punch
Prismacolor pencils





16 comments:

  1. Great idea, Erin with the plastic basket and the ribbon!! I think I'm stealing this idea for my 2 1/2 yr. old granddaughter's basket! Thanks:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the lead on the plastic basket! Such a clever idea. My favorite detail in this project is the basket-weave in the background of the card! What a wonderful touch of your genius! Thanks, Erin :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh such a sweet card Erin! I am sure ready for warm weather too!! I love the way you have the weaved portion on your card!! It blends so well with the basket which is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet! Love the muted tones and how you used the buttons!! How was the basket weave behind the bunny egg made? With ribbon or paper?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two eggs, one on basket one on card. ekciampo

    ReplyDelete
  6. How clever! What a great idea to turn that dollar basket into a super Easter basket!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you altered the basket! Adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh I love the basket weaving and beautiful buttons on your card! and your altered basket is cute as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE it!Soooooo sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the soft, pastel colors and the woven paper on the card! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You ladies are making me WISH for Easter already! LOL This is a SWEEEET card & Easter Basket!!!!!!!!!! LOVE the braided paper! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the basket within the circle-so clever! I also love the sweet buttons, Erin. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really cute projects! I am so ready for the spring colors ...just love them! That bunny is so darn cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the basket and the woven part of the card! great job! I found 1 egg.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love how you dressed up the dollar spot basket! And the 2-sided die-cut ear? CUTE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So cute card! Love that weaving! Nice way to dress up the basket, as well. :)

    ReplyDelete