Thursday, June 14, 2012

Desktop File: Inspiration


Time for the last group projects for the month of June over at Papertrey Ink. All about organizing your inspiration with a really neat Rolodex stamp and die system. Getting it in the mail to work with really solved a major problem for me--that leaning tower of catalogs I keep in my office for inspiration. More clutter and bulk than they were worth, but I just couldn't bare to throw them away. They might house the perfect idea down the road. Well, with a little die cutting and ruthless culling, I was able to take that several square feet of inspiration and pair it down to a cute little 5x3 inch system on my desk. How's that for worth it?



So, basically, I ripped out all the catalog pages that I found to be inspiring and die cut them with the new Rolodex dies. They, in turn, got glued on a white Rolodex card, stamped, noted, and organized. Sweet! All ready for my creative mind to devour.


They are all housed in a very basic Roledex card holder I picked up at Staples. I find this to be a very practical project that will be added and used heavily over time. So although I wanted it to look cute, it only had to be "cute enough" for me. Make sense? Fine Linen Gingham Paper and cardstock, stamps from Desktop File: Inspiration, Take Note, and Quilter's Sampler helped me get my stamp on, without going overboard. The three categories listed on the front card are the three categories of my Rolodex cards. Keeping it all organized.



How about some examples? Here's four cards on the front. All that lovely patterned goodness.



And here are my notes on the back using various bits and pieces from the new Desktop File: Inspiration set. If I had room and a particular stamp set in mind, I went ahead and just started to stamp it out to give an idea. At times, I named a specific stamp set too. Mad ideas, people!


And I just love how it all fits nice and neat into the file system. Isn't it fun just to look at? What do you think for this piece? BB: Chevron with the new Lovely Layers, die cut and mostly left white, but with black and orange accents? Worth a try. What do I have to lose?

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you are inspired. Look for more fun projects on the following links:

Nichole Heady
Jessica Witty
Betsy Veldman
Dawn McVey
Heather Nichols
Melissa Phillips
Ashley Cannon Newell
Maile Belles
Danielle Flanders

Supplies
Stamps: Desktop File: Inspiration, Quilter's Sampler, Take Note
Ink: Soft Stone and CTHM Grey Flannel
Paper: Fine Linen Gingham Patterned Paper
Fine Linen and Stamper's Select White cardstock
Fine Linen Button
Rolodex dies

5 comments:

  1. Erin--I love to get inspiration from catalogs/print media too--but my current 8.5x11 notebook of cutouts pales in comparison to a desktop file at my fingertips like yours! Your idea will be so much better for keeping on top of trendy ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that would make an amazing card. I really love how you have customised your cards. Thanks for the inspiration my brain is working overtime already.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I am so going to be broke this month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your embellishments and your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete