Monday, September 10, 2012

Introducing Happy Harlequin

Hiya Everybody! I'm stamping again after a few months of maternity leave and thrilled to be back participating with the design team countdown at Papertrey Ink. And what a sweet first assignment I've got for myself. Creating projects with the uber-versatile and fun Happy Harlequin stamp set and cover plate? I think I lucked out. A complete joy to work with.

Let's just dive right in. Enough small talk. You want to see the projects and I've got more stamping to do:).

Now if you remember a few months back we had the Happy Hexagon stamp set and cover plate. Happy Harlequin works the exact same brilliant way. So smart to use the cut out from the cover plate to aid in placement of the die cut diamonds. I worked that little feature like crazy.



For my first card, I laid down my diamonds in two strips with a sentiment from Think Big Favorites #16 in between. I used the cover plate cut to aid in the placement of my diamonds. Effortless. This project is very masculine with all the metal studs at every single point. And a bit medieval as well come to think about it!



Next up is a different way to use the diamond die cuts. By lining the short edges of the diamonds up to each other, you can create a chevron pattern. Super trendy, especially with the alternating colors. The sentiment is from the upcoming Think Big Favorites #20. A little heart die cut/stamp from Flipping Out draws your eyes to the sentiment and adds a subtle focal point the pattern. I will be making this card a million times in every sort of color combination. Super easy.


And lastly, I wanted to show how you could use Happy Harlequin on a more 3-D project by stamping through the cover plate grid onto a foldable pillow box. This was something I did before I folded up the box, so it was simple to do. There are several new products used here and I know how fun it is for you to spot them all. What do you see?:)

That's it for me. I'll be returning several more times between now and the fifteenth. Got to get back to the stamp table and start churning out more projects. In the meantime, the rest of you blog hop around and see some other great new release projects featuring the September 2012 Release.

Cristina Kowalczyk with Bits & Buttons and Holiday Button Bits dies
Betsy Veldman with Snowflake Medley
Heather Nichols with Winter Snowglobe and Framed Out #8
Melissa Bickmore with Heart-2-Heart #8 and Peace, Love, & Joy
Dawn McVey with Think Big Favorites #20
Lizzy Jones with Gingerbread Lane

Supplies

Blue Card
Cardstock: Spring Rain, Blueberry Sky, and Spring Moss
Patterned Paper: Enchanted Evening Patterned Paper Collection
Dies: Happy Harlequin Cover Plate
Stamps: Think Big Favorites #16
Ink: Enchanted Evening
metal studs

Pink Card
Cardstock: Hibiscus Burst and Stamper's Select White
Stamps: Happy Harlequin, Heart-2-Heart #8, and Flipping Out
Dies: Flipping Out Collection and Happy Harlequin Cover Plate
Ink: Hibiscus Burst and Limeade Ice

Holly Box
Cardstock: Stamper's Select White
Stamps: Holiday Button Bits, Happy Harlequin, and Think Big Favorites #20
Ink: Pure Poppy, Simply Chartreuse, and True Black
Dies: Essential Pillow Box, Holiday Button Bits Collection, Happy Harlequin Cover Plate
Pure Poppy Buttons






18 comments:

  1. Love, love, love every single card!!!! And the box too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back Erin! I always love your projects so am glad to see you back as part of the team.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm, the happy harlequins wasn't on my radar until I saw the possibilities with your second card, Erin.... ;)
    Great projects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray! Erin's back! Love your cards with possibities for the new stamps and dies. Hope all is well with the newbie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back. Your projects are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! Your creativity always inspires me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! ALL of your projects are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know? I loved the die when I first saw it. But now I love it even more!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This has given me so much inspiration. I can't wait to use this die..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome back and great projects today.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad you're back creating, Erin! You didn't lost your mojo while caring for your baby ~ that's for sure. Love these cards and your little pillow box for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i loved all your cards! the blue is so peaceful looking. but the chevron card really got my attention! every time i looked at it they were undulating in a different direction! fun!
    sandyh

    ReplyDelete
  13. Welcome back to the "fray", beautiful work :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yeah! Erin's back! I missed you as a part of every release. Can't wait to get a hold of this set.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Welcome back! We have missed you! Your chevron card .... what is there not to say about it.... so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad you're back! Just love to see what inspiring ways you choose to use the dies and stamps. Another knock out for you-just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So happy to see you back! Hope to see some pics of all your kids soon! Love the way you used the Happy Harlequin to make a chevron pattern! What a smart cookie you are, Erin!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Erin - love your Happy Harlequin projects (especially the fun little holly box, too cute!). Jumped in to tell you how much I loved the Make it Monday video you did (I KNOW, a little behind in my PTI watching!). TERRIFIED of cutting my stamps, but am counciled by your video and encouraged by the oh so cool results you got! THANKS so much for sharing. Hope you, the baby, and all of the Lincolns are enjoying the end of summer/beginning of the new school year! Glad to see you back!

    ReplyDelete