Sunday, April 21, 2013

Spring Gift and Card

I thought I'd pop in here real quick while the house is quiet to share a project I made for my mother-in-law using SVGcuts Mother's Garden kit and stamps from Papertrey Ink's Garden Variety Collection of products.



Here are both my gift bag and card together. I have to apologize that the card is out of focus. I didn't realize it at the time and when I did, I had already gifted it. Too late to retake the photo!  There is a clearer photo of the card below. This just gives you an idea of scale. The card is A2 size, so the watering can bag is a good size.

The watering can is from the Mother's Garden Kit from SVGcuts and cut out with my Silhouette Cameo. I cannot tell you how much fun I am having with both my machine and these kits. Makes for effortless gifts that are a joy to make.


Here's the card! I used Basic Grey's Hey Girl and Recollections Garden Harvest papers. They are available in big tablets at Joann's and Michaels.. I'm buying a lot of 12x12 tablets of paper lately, as I'm using a lot of coordinates in my projects. I pulled out my Papertrey Ink goodies with Garden Variety and Garden Variety II, the Garden Variety dies, Seed Packet Frame 2, and the Filigree Border.




My watering can bag is loaded with vegetable seed packets and a new pair of gardening gloves. They are wrapped in tissue paper because of the see-through nature of the box. (You can totally redesign that in your Silhouette software if you want it to be solid.)

You can also delete the eyelet holes and allow the tissue paper to fluff out the top. I think I'll do that next time.


And just a cool shot of the 3-D nature of the spout on this box. Really adds to the wow factor.

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you are having fun crafting today.

No comments:

Post a Comment