Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Latte Love

Group post day at Papertrey Ink! And I'm so very honored that the girls are going to be working their magic with the Coffee Cozy and Coffee Cozy Detail Dies! I'm beside myself with excitement. And then there's Nichole's new Latte Love stamp set that she created to accompany the dies. Making coffee themed gift sets has never been so easy or stylish. The combination is fabulous.


For my coffee cozy today, I ironed Heat-N-Bond onto some brown polka dot fabric. This allowed me to fuse it directly onto the felt of my Terracotta Tile felt coffee cozy that is cut with the Coffee Cozy Collection dies. Today I choose to sew three buttons in tones of Blueberry Sky, Limeade Ice, and Terracotta Tile into my coffee cozy. Easy and done in a flash.

In the interest of full disclosure concerning the fabric covered cozy, I made the large size cozy using two cuts of the large sized halves of Coffee Cozy Collection dies. (See video if you have any questions on this.) I wanted to fit this on a Copco coffee tumbler, which requires the larger sized coffee cozy. Because of the fabric and the Heat-N-Bond, the cozy did not have as much stretch as it would if just made out of felt. It was a tighter fit on the mug.  I had to turn the mug upside down and wiggle it a bit. So, you might want to factor this in if you plan on making this version. 

Obviously, I got it to fit over the tumbler. I just wouldn't recommend making the attempt if the tumbler was full of coffee. You'd have a big ol' mess on your hands. 

I suspect over time, especially if you make this ahead and let it sit there on the tumbler for a week or so, it will stretch out a bit. Might not be a problem at that point. 

Or alternatively, forgo the handstitching and use a sewing machine to join the sides. This would allow you to make the overlap on the two sides smaller, therefore making the cozy bigger just a wee bit. Just a thought. 


Here's my tag using some words, seal, and heart stamps from Latte Love. The five words are one stamp, but I cut them up so I could stamp them individually over the coffee tumbler from Heart-2-Heart #1. I also had some Heat-N-Bond polka dot fabric left over and I fused that onto Terracotta Tile Satin Ribbon. Ohhhh....I feel a Make-It-Monday video coming on folks! Instead of an iron, use a curling iron. EASY.



And how about a card featuring just Latte Love? Funny story. We were asked to pick an individual sentiment from this set to use. I choose "Never underestimate the power of being properly caffeinated". Truer words never spoken. When Nichole needed me to work on some files at the last minute, I got up very early (I have three kids, this is the only way this stuff gets done around here) to finish it up. When sending her the new files, I quoted this sentiment back to her. AMEN! Needless to say it really spoke to me.

I utilized a simple spotlighting techique with that lovely stack of coffee mugs. I stamped it on the background and then on my white sentiment mat, cut with Limitless Layers Ovals. Easy and cute.


The card is trimmed to a 5.5x4 inch size so I could hang off two little heart tags from the Coffee Cozy Detail Collection dies and still fit in an A2 envelope. These little babies are very handy.

That's it for me today. I'm going to go caffeinate myself further and get going on the day. Hope you enjoyed the inspiration. If you are looking for more, click on over the blogs listed below. And remember, all the products being featured today can be purchased on August 15th at www.papertreyink.com.

Jessica Witty
Dawn McVey
Melissa Phillips
Heather Nichols
Betsy Veldman
Cristina Kowalcyzk
Ashley Cannon Newell

Supplies

Cozy
Dies: Coffee Cozy Collection
Felt: Terracotta Tile
Buttons: Limeade Ice, Terracotta Tile, and Blueberry Sky
Fabric
Heat-N-Bond

Tag
Dies: Tag Sale #7
Cardstock: Classic Kraft, Limeade Ice, Terracotta Tile, and Blueberry Sky
Stamp: Latte Love, Heart-2-Heart #1
Terracotta Tile Satin Ribbon
Blueberry Sky Button
Classic Kraft and Dark Chocolate Ink

Properly Caffeinated Card
Stamp: Latte Love
Cardstock: Aqua Mist and Smokey Shadow
Patterned Paper: Smokey Shadow Simple Stripe
Dies: Limitless Layers Ovals 2 1/4", Coffee Cozy Details Collection
Metal Studs
Ink: Aqua Mist, Smokey Shadow, and Hawaiian Shores


14 comments:

  1. Oh, I would love a MIM video on using heat-and-bond. I know it can't really be that difficult but I'd just really appreciate "seeing" it done. Sometimes that's just what it takes for me to try something new. And, I just can't get over those cute little tags. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Erin! I am really loving the new coffee cozy dies and I can't wait to make some as gifts for the holidays and for our teachers! Super job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not a coffee drinker but I am so getting your cozy dies to make gifts for all the coffee drinkers in my life (and maybe make 1 for myself to cozy up my Cherry Coke (summer) and Hibiscus tea (winter)). You've come up with some of the most brilliant concepts (proud barrette cover owner too) this year!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erin, you are an absolute GENIUS!! My entire family are coffee fanatics and these coffee cozies will be big hits throughout the year. I envision customizing these for the season and person. I love the idea of using fabric with the Heat n Bond onto felt. Thank you for such great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of using heat bond. Thank you for the ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cannot wait to order these! This is really neat idea.

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great ideas here! Love that sweet tag!

    ReplyDelete
  8. More cute cute ideas here Erin. Love that you resurrected the Heart-2-Heart coffee cups.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How adorable!!! I have been loving all your posts on this. I LOVE how you used the Heart-2-Heart coffee cups on the tag too. Great way to revisit old sets!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Erin - I was just thinking that a circle of felt with a cute little coffee cozy detail stitched in the middle would make a nice mug mat to go with a coffee cozy gift ensemble. I'll have to try it out when I get these dies! These dies are going to be so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stamping the stack of cups with a tone-on-tone effect (paper & ink) then letting them continue on the white cardstock is GENIUS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was just thinking today that your dies would work so well with the first Heart-2-Heart. Glad to see them together!! :) Such fun projects. Have I mentioned lately how much I love these dies? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your new dies are pure genius, Erin!!! LOVE them and all of your sample projects!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What oh what would we ever do with out heat n bond. Great idea! Love the quote, I agree I too believe it speaks LOUDLY to me...LOL

    ReplyDelete