Sunday, June 15, 2014

June Release Projects

Today's the day all the new PTI goodies will be released. YAY! Time to share the rest of my projects with you.



Topiary Trio and Thank You Kindly: This one really came together with the use of BB: Wrought Iron. I'd imagine that any of the 1.75" stamps that we have (and we have a lot!) would work really well on this layout. Here I used one from Dawn's Thank You Kindly, heat embossed in gold on Classic Kraft cardstock.


Phrase Play #5 and Journaling Card Borders: I wanted to show how you could expand the size of the journaling cards by adding the border dies. I thought creating a scene in the open circle was a fun a different way to use it. Supporting players are Flippin' Out, Nativity Silhouette Additions, and BB: Random Stripes.


Birthday Classics: June:  This is my favorite set...just because my birthday is July 4th! Maybe I should make a birthday card for myself:). LOL! I haven't found the "Happy 4th of July Birthday" sentiment anywhere else, so I've got to do it justice.

I thought the shape of the main sentiment in this set would work well on Mat Stack 7. It's not a perfect fit, but one that definitely works. I used BB: Random Stripes again in Pure Poppy on Pure Poppy cardstock (tone on tone works great) on the Horizontal Stripes Cover Plate and really think it adds something special.



No Strings Attached, Keep it Simple: Wedding and Seasonal Stitches: Seashells: For a beach wedding. There seems to be a lot of those. Love the random stripe background you can achieve with No Stings Attached. So easy because those string stamps are full sized to fit across both orientations of an A2 card. The sand dollar is cut out of Classic Kraft cardstock and stitched with crochet thread.


Thank You Kindly: A little Copic action on colored cardstock really gives this card some personality.  Leaves from Doodlie Do are given the same treatment.


Friendly Flowers and Block Talk: Bright and cheery for summer. A little washi tape gives my Block Talk die cut some pizzazz.


Cat's Meow, Stitched Rectangles, and No Strings Attached: That kitty sure is fun. I think she looks adorable cut out of patterned paper. Also wanted to try using No Strings Attached to make it look like string is threaded through the holes on the Stitched Rectangle Dies. Sweet.



Speaking of kitties, I've had them on my mind lately. Thought I'd show you my latest addition. This is Hamweenie.  (We named her after this book and although I lobbied to change it at the last minute despite picking it out in the first place, it has stuck like glue. Sort of just rolls off the tongue now.) She's been with us a little over a week now. Itty bitty little thing. Matt and I haven't gotten a new pet since before we were married. The kids have never had the experience. So although we had some reservations, she's quickly stolen our hearts and brought lots of laughter in our home. Frisky little thing.

Thanks for stopping by and for all your lovely comments this week. They add fuel to the creative fire and that's a very good thing.:)

More inspiration below. All these lovely products are available to purchase tonight at 10 PM EST at www.papertreyink.com.

Maile Belles
Danielle Flanders
Dawn McVey
Laura Bassen
Laurie Willison
Heather Nichols
Ashley Newell
Melissa Phillips
Betsy Veldman


Topiary Trio
Stamps: Topiary Trio, BB: Wrought Iron, Thank You Kindly
Cardstock: Classic Kraft, Soft Blush, Stamper's Select White
Dies: Topiary Trio, Limitless Layers 1.75"
Ink: Fine Linen, Classic Kraft, Spring Moss, Simply Chartreuse
Gold Embossing Powder

Phrase Play
Stamps: Phrase Play #5, Flippin' Out, BB: Random Stripe, Nativity Silhouettes Additions
Dies: Navtivity Silhouettes, Jouranling Border Dies, Phrase Play #5, Flip Flop
Cardstock: Stamper's Select White, Hawaiian Shores, Tropical Teal, Fine Linen, Soft Blush, Melon Berry, Autumn Rose, Scarlet Jewel
Ink: Classic Kraft, Autumn Rose, Hawaiian Shores, Scarlet Jewel

Birthday Classics: July
Stamps: Birthday Classics: July, BB: Random Stripes
Dies: Mat Stack #7, Star Cover Plate, Horitzonal Stripe Cover Plate
Ink: Pure Poppy and Enchanted Evening
Glitter paper

Cat's Meow
Stamps: Cat's Meow, No Strings Attached
Dies: Cat's Meow, Stitched Rectangles
Cardstock: Aqua Mist, Winter Wisteria, Royal Velvet, Tropical Teal
Ink: True Black, Fresh Snow, Royal Velvet
Soft Stone Bitty Dot

For Your Wedding
Stamps: No Strigs Attached, Keep It Simple: Wedding
Dies: Seasonal Stitches: Seashells
Cardstock: Aqua Mist, Classic Kraft
Ink: Fine Linen, Classic Kraft
White Embossing Powder

Triple Thank You
Stamps: Thank You Kindly, Doodlie Do
Cardstock: Aqua Mist, Simply Chartreuse, and Stamper's Select White
Dies: Thank You Kindly, Strip Stitch Die

Friendly Flowers
Stamps: Friendly Flowers, Thank You Kindly
Cardstock: Summer Sunrise, Pure Poppy, Limeade Ice, Scarlet Jewel
Ink: Pure Poppy, New Leaf, Orange Zest, Scarlet Jewel
Dies: Friendly Flowers, Block Talk
Other: Washi Tape


13 comments:

  1. Your projects are wonderful (as usual!), but what I love the most of this posting is the kitty, she is adorable. I've always been a cat person and this little one is just so cute and spunky. In my book, every cat should have a loving home and every home should have at least one cat (but more is better!).- Diane in Minnesota

    ReplyDelete
  2. The breadth of your styles today is awe inspiring! Since the time you joined PTI, I have always enjoyed your fun sensibilities. As the years have passed though, you have become an innovative marvel that is rivaled by few. You and Betsy are the team members who consistently combine new, and previously released sets, like nobody's business. Really.... the die from the Nativity set.......genius! Your color palettes range from the peaceful topiaries, to the modern, dare I say edgy, colors in your Friendly Flowers card. (I'm not partial to those colors, and I LOVE them on that card!).

    Well, my mouth is still hanging open from your innovative entries, but words are eluding me. Just one bit of advice for you concerning your new kitten - wait until the next release before you do her make-over. Enjoy her kittenhood. She is one lucky cat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful cards. I love all your designs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My fav dish is baked beans with lots of bacon on top
    my fav card is birthday classics

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well there's fun and then there's FUN! Visiting you is the latter! GREAT cards, all too specially unique for a fav, so adopting them all. Speaking of adopting, just had to adopt two orphan kitties, one b/w the other, g/w,
    and they've stolen our hearts as well. Thanks for all the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, I have a nephew planning a beach side wedding next year so your wedding card is perfect for me, I've made rehearsal dinner invitations for 2 of my other nephews and this will be my inspiration for the next one, thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards, each and every one :) Congratulations, on Hamweenie - he is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous cards..and love your kitty...she looks so very sweet!
    love the name too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cards are awesome!! Love the unusual colors, layers, and all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  11. An incredible group of cards!! Happy Birthday a little early! My son will be 10 on July 10th! July birthdays are fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Erin! Your projects just make my heart sing. I'm begging You......please add an email subscription widget to your side bar. You put a lot of work into these fabulous crafts and you should share them with the crafting world. Otherwise I have to wait for someone to post a link on their blog, to get here, and if their blog is down, I get nothing. LOL or Google you once a month when I think of it.

    ReplyDelete