Thursday, June 12, 2014

Monthly Moments: June

Hey Papertrey Peeps! Great news...we've got a new change to the countdown schedule. All of the girls who are not on the Monthly Moments Team now have the option of pitching in with an extra blog post using the Monthly Moments products every countdown. That's more fun and inspiration! Awesome.


Here's my first project using the June Journaling Pad and the Monthly Moments: Tabbed stamp set and dies. I love how several of the journaling cards have card appropriate "sentiments" that can be used on other papercrafting projects. This one in particular has always made me smile. So much truth. And who doesn't love rainbows!

I used the Stitched Rectangle Dies to trim my journaling card and give it the interesting border. I took my cue from the rainbow and cut additional mats in the same colors on the card and fanned them behind for interest. I cut some clouds using the Cloud Die and placed them over where Heather printed clouds on her journaling card. A tab in Summer Sunrise cardstock and Orange Zest ink was created using the Monthly Moments: Tabbed set and die. Sort of like a "sun" peeking through with a gentle reminder. Everything is mounted on a Spring Rain panel that is stamped with Background Basics: Diagonals in Blueberry Sky ink.


Next up, I've used the Monthly Moments Journaling Pad and Monthly Moments: June stamp set to create my Boutique Accessory Card for another Seasonal Stitches project. We've got seashells coming at ya this month! This scallop shell is full of detail. My "Little Mermaid" adores it. Again, I've created an extra die that allows one vein of the shell to be sewn directly onto the Clever Barrette Cover like I did here. But of course, the applications for this seashell go far beyond the barrettes. It would look lovely on other felt projects and cards.


Here's a close up of all that gorgeous detail. I sewed two Seasonal Stitches: Seashell cuts together on this project and stuffed the spaces between the veins with Poly-Fil so they are full and dimensional. Looks FANTASTIC. I've topped with with a button for a bit of extra color in Blueberry Sky. Thinking a pearl brad, accent, or button would be very appropriate here too.

Seasonal Stitches: Seashells also has a sand dollar option. I ran out of time to put that project together today, but I'll be sure to feature it before the countdown is over.

More inspiration below. These products and more are available at www.papertreyink.com on June 15th at 10 PM to add to your stash, if you are so inclined.:)

Danielle Flanders
Ashley Cannon Newell 
Lizzie Jones


Supplies

Rainbow Card
Stamps: Monthly Moments: Tabbed, BB: Diagonals
Cardstock: Enchanted Evening, Harvest Gold, Summer Sunrise, Orange Zest, Pure Poppy, Stamper's Select White, Spring Rain
Dies: Stitched Rectangle Dies, Clouds, Monthly Moments: Tabs
Ink: Blueberry Sky, Summer Sunrise, Orange Zest
Monthly Moments Journaling Tablet

Seashell Barrette
Stamps: Monthly Moments: June
Dies: Seasonal Stitches: Seashells, Boutique Accessory Card
Dark Chocolate Ink
Monthly Moments Journaling Tablet

10 comments:

  1. Wonderful card and omo seashells!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! These are awesome! Love the seashell!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome cards, Erin, love the stitched seashell!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the way you layered the paper next to the rainbow and the sentiment is so great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the seasonal stitching dies for summer!! Love that first card, too - the solids with the rainbow journaling card and rectangle stitching dies is so much fun! (and this is Gina, I'm not sure why Google won't let me sign in....arrrrgh)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How beautiful!! I LOVE that seashell. Fabulous design!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I love the rainbow card! So bright and happy for the summer months! The stitching card is a wonderful detailed addition! Thanks for sharing your creative ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your color choices in both of these cards. They are so happy and spell out "summer" in such a spectacular way. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cards are so cute. Love 'em

    ReplyDelete