Monday, October 13, 2014

Introducing Songbirds

We are at the first group post of October for the Papertrey Ink release and boy, are you in for a treat. Nichole designed the new Songbirds stamp set and dies. And they are amazing. I'm completely enchanted. So much detail and sophistication in design. And then you combine that with versatility and effortless projects....well, it will be a long time before this one gets taken off my desk. I adore it.


My first card focuses mainly on the Songbird Die Collection. Both the leaf spray and the bird are cut out of colored cardstock using the dies. See all the detail? I love it. This card came together so quick because of it too.

The sentiment is stamped from Songbirds on a Fine Linen gingham strip from Canned. You'll see more of that tomorrow. As for the open frame on my project, I used the negative cut from the pocket of the Stitched Tag Collection. Isn't it fabulous with that curve? You'll see more from Stitched Tag tomorrow too, but I thought I'd show the fun "extra" use today.


Next up, I have a holiday card for you featuring the Songbirds stamps. The leaf sprays were stamped in opposing corners in New Leaf and then stamped again slightly askew from the first stamping without cleaning my stamp. This creates a bit of a shadow. A classic generational inking technique.

I stamped the large square curly frame from Just a Little Something to frame off my sentiment and songbirds in Pure Poppy. The music and lyric stamp from Songbirds was stamped on the coordinating die cut (love that there is a die cut for this!) and serves as a perch for my birdies. The itty bitty sentiment is from Snow Globe Sentiments and fits the space between the curls in that frame perfectly.



Next up, I have a tag created using Songbirds. I have an inspiration piece in my 1960's folder back for Stamp-A-Faire 2014 that has birds stacked on top of each other in a vertical arrangement like this. Very easy to do and looks great in an ombre color scheme. The sentiment is from Songbirds also and the tag is Basic Bookmark 2


Lastly, I have a sneak to share using my new Cross Stitched Alphabet Dies being released this month as well. These beauties are large and look fabulous as monograms on all sorts of projects. I thought I'd take an old trick back from my scrapbooking days by making a mixed font title for my card. This allowed me to put a whole word on my card front AND use the Cross Stitched Alphabet Dies. Because they are so large, words over 5 letters won't fit on a card. But if you mix them up with other stamps and dies, you get this awesome eclectic look that gives you more flexibility. Looks great, doesn't it?:)

Thanks for stopping by. I'll see you tomorrow with LOTS and LOTS of goodies.:) More inspiration below. And remember, all these products and more will be available at 10 PM EST at www.papertreyink.com.

Nichole Heady
Betsy Veldman
Dawn McVey
Maile Belles
Melissa Phillips
Danielle Flanders
Laura Bassen
Laurie Willison
Ashley Cannon Newell
Lexi Daly
Melissa Bickford


Supplies

Thank You Card
Stamps: Songbird, Canned
Die Cuts: Songbird, Stitched Tag
Cardstock: Fine Linen, Stamper's Select White, Aqua Mist, Limeade Ice, Orange Zest, Ripe Avocado, Hawaiian Shores, Classic Kraft
Ink: Fine Linen, Dark Chocolate

Merry Christmas Card
Stamps: Songbird, Just a Little Something, Snow Globe Sentiments
Die Cuts: Songbird
Cardstock: True Black, Stamper's Select White
Ink: New Leaf, True Black, Pure Poppy

Bookmark Tag
Stamps: Songbird
Dies: Basic Bookmark 1
Ink: Tropical Teal, Ocean Tides, Plum Pudding, Lavender Moon
Smokey Shadow Grosgrain Ribbon
Button: Lavender Moon

Happy Birthday
Stamps: Stitched With Love, Alphablocks
Dies: Bookprint Uppers, Modern Uppers, Cross Stitched Alphabet, Sew Stylish Alphabet 1, Fillable Frame #9, Birthday Trio
Ink; True Black
Cardstock: Classic Kraft, Hawaiian Shores, Hibiscus Burst, Summer Sunrise, True Black, Stamper's Select White
Felt: Limeade Ice
Floss

8 comments:

  1. Love your Happy card Erin! What a great way to use all the great PTI alphabets in my stash! Can't wait to see all your goodies tomorrow - sounds like a full day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous post, love the mix of alphabets - ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Erin, I LOVE the negative cut from your stitch tag die! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful projects, again today! I so love your thank you card...the design and color choices are exquisite...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those little birds on your Christmas card and tag - so very cute!! I can't wait to see more creations using the stitched alphabet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you put the branches under the frame,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Erin,

    Once again you blow us away with your creativity! Such awesome work!

    Cariños,
    María Alba

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all the projects. They are amazing

    ReplyDelete