I've seen several examples of corner bookmarks shaped as hearts on Pinterest and wanted to see if I could get the same look using the Limitless Layers Heart Stitching Dies and the Limitless Layers Hearts. So love how it turned out!
1. Die cut a plain heart in Pure Poppy and and a decorative heart mat in Vintage Cream (Limitless Layers Heart Stitches and Limitless Layers Hearts) from felt. Die cut any decorative stitching dies on the Pure Poppy felt heart. In this case, I used the new Stitched Swirl Dies.
2. Sew the decorative details on the heart. Add any other embellishments such as the Bitty Button Stacks.
3. Layer the two hearts together. Beginning at a point 1/3 of the way down from the top, stitch the two hearts together using a running stitch from your starting point, down and around the bottom corner and back up until you get to the stitching hole that is on the opposite side of your starting point. Now reverse and go back in the other direction using a running stitch until you get to your starting point.
4. To create the opening at the top, use a running stitch again to sew through only the Pure Poppy heart along the top until you meet up with the stitches on the other side. Reverse and stitch a running stitch to your starting point.
5. Now sew a running stitch on only the Vintage Cream heart along the top until you meet up with your previous stitches. Reverse running stitch back to the beginning, tie off, and cut.
These new dies will be available on January 15th at 10 PM EST at www.papertreyink.com. More inspiration below:
Ashley Cannon Newell
Dies: Limitless Layers Heart, Limitless Layers Heart Stitches, Stitched Swirls, Bitty Button Stacks
Felt: Pure Poppy, Hibiscus Burst, Vintage Cream