Friday, May 13, 2016

More Sweet Dreams

I have a two more cards using my new Sweet Dreams set from Papertrey Ink that is being released this month. I was so inspired by it, two new sets of little boy pajamas just jumped into my cart yesterday at Target. I can't help myself!

Sweet Dreams and String Frames by Papertrey Ink

For this card, I wanted to show you another sentiment that came with the set (there's several of them...need to make some more cards today!) that could be used for a new baby card. I had envisioned creating a "pajama family" to match up with it when I included it in the set.  I was originally thinking that the bigger pajamas could represent kids and the new baby would be represented with the one-piece zip up. But now that the card is done, there's no reason why the larger pajamas couldn't represent mom and dad. It would totally work!

I hand cut all the pajamas after I stamped them on patterned paper. When creating more of a paper pieced look, I like things to be trimmed closer to the image than what we can do with the dies. No biggie. Actually was incredibly easy because the patterned paper is thinner than the cardstock.  I added just a touch of darker color to the cuffs on the larger pajamas with Copics. Call it "coloring light". The star and heart that are decorating the pajama tops are from Sweet Dreams and have coordinating dies in the die set, which I used here. 

The little one piece was cut out of Soft Stone Simple Stripe paper and I used Copics on it as well. Because it was such a light color, the bright blue, lime green, and orange were able to work.

The sentiment is from Sweet Dreams and stamped on a cut and image from Bountiful Banners. And I just love how the perfect finishing touch was put on the card with String Frames. So fast and easy. 

Sweet Dreams and Pajama Patch Die by Papertrey Ink


Next up, I wanted to use the pajama top from Sweet Dreams like a t-shirt. Works great. Also using the Pajama Patch Dies to help me spell out my sentiment. The Pajama Patch Dies (a heart, star, and Christmas tree are just mini versions of the Coffee Cozy Detail Dies) and can be used to add a fuzzy and realistic touch to the pajama tops. Super fun. And at only $4, they are a steal that can be used on lots of other projects, both of the paper and felt variety. 

That's it from me. Looking forward to a lot more creating and sharing for the last day of the countdown. All these products and more will be available at www.papertreyink.com at 10 PM EST on May 15th. Not much longer to wait! 

More inspiration for a fabulous group post can be found today at Nichole's blog



4 comments:

  1. I'm loving all the cuteness, Erin, though I think you went a tiny bit overbaord this morning. Too adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute. I am really loving the pajama stamps.

    ReplyDelete