Thursday, September 16, 2010

The Favorites Shelf

I've got a new stamp set taking up residence on the coveted "favorites shelf". Framed. O.M.G. When I first saw it, I'll admit to scratching my head a bit. I mean, come on, I could do that with a pen and a ruler. And then I used it and holy moly...this thing is the best ever. Just so simple to create a stunning card in a matter of minutes. Definitely makes it easier. I'm a convert. And it is forever going to be a set that I reach for first.



Here's a baby card using the rectangular frame, Mega Mixed Messages, Inside/Out Baby, and a tricycle stamp (I believe it's called It's a Good Life) from Unity. A little touch of white gel pen adds some pizazz to the trike


Hank's got a little red trike of his own. Two actually. I really wanted him to have the classic, nostalgic Radio Flyer trike and bought it for him for his BIG birthday gift in February. Kid couldn't reach the peddles. I felt so bad I went to Walmart the next day and bought him the smaller, more modern version. So now he has two. And can ride neither one. Doesn't get the pumping motion yet. Sigh. He will. Maybe over the winter. He can practice in the basement. In the meantime, I buy trike stamps because they remind me just how sweet childhood can be. Love the silhouette of them.

OK. Free night for me. I have a book, an open window on a rainy night, and a glass of wine calling my name. Sounds good, doesn't it?

Pssst...that baby picture totally distracted you yesterday. My plan worked! 

Patterned paper: Basics Manila 6x6 Paper Pad by Basic Grey
Cardstock: Perfect Match Kraft by Papertrey Ink
Stamps: Inside/Out Baby, Framed, and Mega Mixed Messages from Papertrey Ink, It’s a Good Life (trike) from Unity Stamp Company
Ink: Perfect Match Dark Chocolate and Fresh Snow by Papertrey Ink
Eyelets: Red by American Crafts
Baker’s Twine: Pure Poppy by Papertrey Ink
White Gel Pen: Sakura

9 comments:

  1. Can't wait to get my set!!! Love this card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And the cute Hank picture totally distracted me today (but that card is the cutest ever!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You maybe able to do the frame with a pen and ruler, unfortunately I cannot, so I am really looking forward to getting my latest shipment from PTI. My daughter had a trike exactly like that, we have just given it to a good friend whose son is alittle young for it yet but it has gone to a good home. The stamp is so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got it too, can't wait for it to arrive. One thing that came to mind while I was reading your entry is that it also makes very simple to emboss the design with a scoring board. Follow the stamped line and voilá! A pretty embossed frame on the reverse ;)
    That Hank boy is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always wondered how Nichole could get such perfect lines with her pen on her cards. Kept trying myself but always got a dot in the corner or a little crooked - aargh! I was afraid the box of these stamps might be too small but your card looks just perfect in scale. I confess I didn't order this set because of that but you've convinced me that I must get it. Thanks for your always inspiring stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, so Hank is SO STINKIN CUTE! I am a big fan of the red tricyle myself. I love love love this card. love the stamp!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Erin, is that a light colored pigment ink on the brown cardstock????

    ReplyDelete
  8. My son and daughter were the only two kids at preschool who could not peddle. Seriously. My son finally learned to ride a big wheel at 4.5 and then bike at age 5. My dd didnt learn how to ride a bike until she was 9!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i work in an elementary school and one of our kindergarteners had on a t-shirt today with a tricycle on it and it said "this is how i roll" too cute. your post totally reminded me of that.

    ReplyDelete