Sunday, September 1, 2013

So Long Summer!

Sniff! Sniff! I'm a little mopey that the pool is closing this weekend. It was our first summer with a pool membership. LOVED every minute of it.





I started out the summer as a very nervous mother hen. All my little chicks had to have all the appropriate float gear on and they weren't allowed to leave the baby pool. Packing up three kids under five and heading up for a few hours was such a task. Now? Had to laugh at myself this last week, lounging on the pool deck of the main pool, Sully sitting on a towel beside me playing and the other two (one completely floatless) bopping in and out of the water. I was chill. How far I've come. I don't think we've even dipped a toe in the baby pool for weeks.

We took my MIL up the other day. The kid to adult ratio was pretty good. 4 adults, 3 kids. When it was all said and done, she looked at me and said, "This was great. But you don't do this by yourself, do you?"

Yep. Yep I do. Several times a week. I've come a long way baby! And now I'm wondering what I'm going to do for the next nine months until the pool opens again. We are going to miss it.

Wanted to give the pool staff a little thank you. I probably wouldn't be nearly as chill if it wasn't for the lifeguards and swim instructors. They deserve a little kudos.



I used three Paper Smooches sets. Briny Blue, in particular, I bought just for pool and summer cards. Figured I was going to need them. Put Surf and Turf and Chit Chat to use too.

Heading up for the last time this afternoon. It's going to prove to be a good time. Thanking my lucky stars the baby slept the entire morning. And has already pooped his pants twice today. Grin...yep, we might have shut down the baby pool about a month ago. Rather not do that today!

Have a good weekend! Enjoy every bit of summer you can wring out of it.

4 comments:

  1. Great picture with your baby...love the fun card...wonderful design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you a fall as enjoyable as your summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I do believe I spot that you used a PS Border die, too. Very cute card--I'm sure the pool staff loved it! I work at a camp and conference center--folks get summer pool memberships also. It's like a small community, sounds a lot like your pool. We've watched kids grow up there, become lifeguards and camp counselors. It is amazing how quickly kids can learn to swim in a safe, fun environment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you ever post a winner for your Aug. 9th giveaway of the issue of Holiday Cards and More??? I never saw it Am I blind???
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete