Sunday, November 30, 2014

The A-Maze-ing Challenge

I wanted to see if I could take The Amazing Stamp Set and turn it into a holiday card. Tall order? Not so much. I ended up loving how it turned out. Perfect for my nine year old nephew.



I took the square maze from The Amazing Stamp Set and stamped it twice. If you look at the middle vertical line, you'll see an opening. Maybe an inch above the star. I masked that off so it looks like the mazes are connected. I thought I was being so clever to make it a working maze. Turns out, you can't actually do it. You'll still end up at "warm wishes", but it looks good. LOL!  I'll explore a bit more to make it work on another card. It should be too hard to mask off the right areas. Figured it wasn't too important on this card.

I made this a bit like Candy Land with various places to "visit" along the path using the Believe stamp set and matching die cuts. The small font in Tiny Treats: Christmas were added in as well.

The sentiment in the stamp set should read "have an a-maze-ing birthday". Instead I stamped "Christmas" instead from Inside/Out: Holiday.

All in all, a good challenge for myself. Today's task? Family photos at a Christmas tree farm. I have a feeling that getting everybody to smile and look at the camera at the same time will be more of a task than this card.

2 comments:

  1. OMG OMG OMG!! I LOVE this Erin!! Turned out just AWESOME!! =) OHHH~I bet Pictures will be FUN!! Especially at a Tree Farm how AWESOME!! I hope you'll share some when you get them!!?? THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete