Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Fall Shopping, Baking, Scrapping, and Crafting

The pool closed and all three kids are now in school. Which means this summer chick suddenly got completely into the fall mood over the weekend. And while I'm still waiting for my September box of new product for the first of two holiday releases with PTI to come, I figured I just relish in this autumnal feeling that is overtaking me. Let me share....

Untitled

A little shopping yesterday at Target. None of which I went in the store intending to buy. But isn't that always how it goes with Target? I had my first Starbucks PSL in hand while doing it, too. As for the Candy Corn Oreos...I do not recommend. Although the kids are crazy for them. (The Smores and the Blueberry Cobbler, however, are divine.)

On the baking front, I have a new little thing that I do on Sundays. My goal is to make a new cookie/bar recipe for the kids' lunches for the week. They are all very much down with this plan. The way into the heart of any eight year old boy is freshly baked cookies, I find. This last week was Apple Cider Caramel Cookies. And there are only three left. That's all I'm saying. (BTW...I finally bought myself some silpats and I can't believe I ever baked without them. They are heavenly. Haven't burnt a cookie since.)

Untitled

I've been digging into the archives for all my old fall photos and getting them scrapbooked. Because I'm feeling warm and cozy and more than a little nostalgic for little kids who seem to be growing up way too fast. These apple picking photos are a few years old.  Sniff, sniff. 

I discovered the Project Life app in late winter last year. And let me tell ya...I'm a happy scrapper again. I was so uninterested for about eight years. Didn't do a thing. Been having so much fun with it. It's low pressure for me. In other words, no flashes of original creativity with it, as that is a bit of a limited resource that I save for other things. Just something I do on my iPad while eating breakfast or late at night while relaxing in bed.

Chicken Scratch Stamp Set and Cover Plate, Autumn Pumpkins, and Fall Foliage by Papertrey Ink

And my box of fall Papertrey Ink goodies came in the mail. I think that really started this whole fall immersion thing I'm grooving on. I teamed up Autumn Pumpkins and Fall Foliage with their matching dies. Match made in heaven. And I dug out my Chicken Scratch Cover Plate and Chicken Scratch stamp set. I'm somewhere in the mid-20s for my 100 Card Chicken Scratch challenge. Need to look it up. Love the string frame  I created for my focal point. Will be doing that again.

OK. This all might end today if that holiday package comes. Brief, but fun. Cross your fingers for me that my box shows up. I've got some work to do. 









1 comment:

  1. Oh what a sweet scrapbook page! I ADORE the photos and the way you laid all of the paper out. That card is so cute too!

    ReplyDelete