10 Fun Facts About Sullivan Stanley Lincoln
- Mom went to the hospital on Thursday night, thinking her water broke, but got sent home when everybody realized she just peed her pants. Please note, all blood work and labs were in tip top shape at 9:00 PM on Thursday night. The discouraged parents-to-be went to the new Sonic and nursed their wounds with malts and hot dogs.
- Mom whined about keeping her regular appointment at the OB at 2:10 on Friday. After all, everything was good...if not GREAT...the night before. But, she saw it as an excuse to get out of the house and run a bunch of errands by herself. Top of her list was the Food Network Griddle at Kohl's. She had a 30% off coupon she wanted to use.
- Mom forgot the rules of Murphy's Law on Friday the 22nd. The Friday before, when she made her weekly appointment, she had a mild panic attack as she considered the implications. Grandad's 60th Surprise Birthday Party in DC was scheduled for 4 o'clock on the 22nd. Her entire extended family would be 90 minutes away. The doctor's office wouldn't budge. Take it or leave it lady. She knew then on Friday the 15th, it was going to hit the fan. Murphy would find it to be the most excellent opportunity for it to do so. But somehow, she neglected to remember all that on the 22nd.
- Sure enough, Mom presented with mild pre-eclampsia at the doctor's office and was told to get her hiney to the hospital PRONTO. She high-fived the doctor, who didn't quite know what to make of it.
- Sullivan Stanley Lincoln was delivered 90 minutes after Mom drove herself to the hospital (windows down, music up) via a rather urgent c-section. Dad made it with 20 minutes to spare (had to find a babysitter for the little ones) and he wore the lucky delivery t-shirt that says " I Love Hot Moms" underneath his scrubs. It's traditional...the other two Lincoln kids got the same treatment.
- He was 20 inches long, 7 pounds, 9 ounces, was born at almost 38 weeks, and has dark hair. Even though the name Sullivan means "Dark Haired One", we suspect it will all fall out and he'll be blond like his siblings. We plan on calling him "Sully". He's doing fine, despite being in the NICU for 48 hours. As with a lot of c-sections, he had some fluid in his lungs he needed to work through. All is good now.
- His older siblings set off an emergency in his Mama's recovery room when they pulled something important out of the wall while riding on the hospital bed. All the nurses on the floor came running.
- Mom listened to somebody in natural childbirth most of the day yesterday. It was piped into her room via the air vents overhead. It was a baby girl (a surprise!) born around 1 AM this morning. She is now convinced her urgent c-section that lasted over an hour (bladder issues) was the easy way out.
- Mom asked for a margarita while in the recovery area. They gave her ice chips (reluctantly, mind you) instead. She literally sucked it up. But as promised, didn't hurl them up on the way back to her room. She kept every one down.
- The nap Mom took in her own bed this afternoon, between clean 600 thread count sheets, and on her back for the first time in six months was quite possibly the best 2 hours of sleep she has ever gotten. Excuse her while she goes and gets some more before the next feeding!
And one more note, Mom's taking July and August off from Papertrey Ink. It was a decision she struggled with for awhile, but after being home 10 minutes with three kids today, is patting herself on the back for making it. She's outgunned and outnumbered...it's going to take awhile to get a handle on it.