Monday, April 29, 2013

Ahead of the Game

For once, I feel like I'm ahead of the game with homemade holiday gifts. Drumroll please...I have a Mother's Day gift done!!! Can hardly believe it considering it is still almost two weeks away. Hopefully by posting it, you get a little Mother's Day mojo of your own.


It is a set of stamped cards in a decorated box. Here's the box which I cut on my Silhouette. The front Kraft colored panel was altered by me to match the cards. Just lined up the squares and cut them out so I could stamp the quilt blocks below on the Aqua Mist box base.


There are eight cards inside. Once again, I cut the Kraft panels on my Silhouette, knowing that I wanted to use the negative spaces to place my quilt blocks. Sentiments from Mega Mixed Messages or Mixed Messages (all depended on the size) were stamped in the middle square and accented with a Scarlet Jewel heart die cut. There are four different sentiments used, so two of each card for a total of eight.



And a close up. I know a good thing when I see it with the Simple Needle and Thread die by Memory Box. Perfect accent. The needle was cut out of Papertrey Ink's Silver Shimmer cardstock for a realistic touch.

OK. Go create! Get those gifts done so you can relax yourself on Mother's Day!

Supplies

Stamps: Papertrey Ink's Quilter's Sampler, Mega Mixed Messages, Mixed Messages, Sew Simple Borders
Dies: Papertrey Ink's Countdown Details, Clear and Simple Stamps Hearts, Memory Box Needle and Thread, and Simon Says Stamps Mini Hearts
Ink: Scarlet Jewel, Blueberry Sky, Dark Chocolate
Silver Shimmer Cardstock
Silhouette Cut File
Cardstock: Kraft, Aqua Mist



3 comments: