Friday, May 3, 2013

A Vanity Project

Here's a card share that was just pure whim indulgence for me. Just trying to amuse myself mainly. I succeed and learned a few new tricks.

I made seven of these little gems to send out to my girlfriends for Mother's Day. It's full of sass and spunk and absolutely intended to make them laugh. I think my favorite line is "Gotta go, the kids chewed through their straps again."  Of course, everybody is very much a devoted mother, but sometimes we let similar thoughts be voiced when the kids and the hubbies are out of earshot.

I was faced with a bit of a challenge in that I didn't want to fully color the lady seven different times. I took the easy way out and just highlighted certain places with light aqua Copics. I like to think it keeps it looking a bit retro.

I relied heavily on the Silhouette Cameo on this project. I'm sitting here trying to intelligently, precisely, and eloquently explain how I did it, but I'm drawing a blank. It's been a long day. How about we just leave it at laughs tonight?


Stamps: There She Goes Clear Stamps Domestic Goddess, Papertrey Ink's On the Couch Additions, Birthday Bash Sentiments
Papertrey Ink Raspberry Fizz and Aqua Mist cardstock
Hawaiian Shores Bitty Dot Patterned Paper


  1. This is fantastic and I love it! The speech bubbles look like maybe they were a pain to initially place, but totally worth it in the end :O)

  2. Oh my goodness! I love love love this card! If you happen to remember how you went about making it I'd love to know so I can recreate for my mommy friends. Thanks for sharing!

  3. Oh, yes. Definitely the "straps" comment says it all. Your friends will love this!

  4. SUPER JOB!!!!!!! I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the retro look!!!!!!!! :) AND all those sentiments at once IS SUPER FUNNY!!! Sometimes, that IS the way it goes when you're on the phone with your friends!!!!!! :)

  5. Love this card, Erin! The lady looks best just like you did her with the aqua touches - very retro! My favorite is "How about never? Is never good for you?" Bwahhhhhahahaha! Thanks for the giggles. :)