Friday, May 3, 2013

A Vanity Project

Here's a card share that was just pure whim indulgence for me. Just trying to amuse myself mainly. I succeed and learned a few new tricks.


I made seven of these little gems to send out to my girlfriends for Mother's Day. It's full of sass and spunk and absolutely intended to make them laugh. I think my favorite line is "Gotta go, the kids chewed through their straps again."  Of course, everybody is very much a devoted mother, but sometimes we let similar thoughts be voiced when the kids and the hubbies are out of earshot.

I was faced with a bit of a challenge in that I didn't want to fully color the lady seven different times. I took the easy way out and just highlighted certain places with light aqua Copics. I like to think it keeps it looking a bit retro.

I relied heavily on the Silhouette Cameo on this project. I'm sitting here trying to intelligently, precisely, and eloquently explain how I did it, but I'm drawing a blank. It's been a long day. How about we just leave it at laughs tonight?


Supplies

Stamps: There She Goes Clear Stamps Domestic Goddess, Papertrey Ink's On the Couch Additions, Birthday Bash Sentiments
Papertrey Ink Raspberry Fizz and Aqua Mist cardstock
Hawaiian Shores Bitty Dot Patterned Paper

9 comments:

  1. This is fantastic and I love it! The speech bubbles look like maybe they were a pain to initially place, but totally worth it in the end :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! I love love love this card! If you happen to remember how you went about making it I'd love to know so I can recreate for my mommy friends. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, yes. Definitely the "straps" comment says it all. Your friends will love this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SUPER JOB!!!!!!! I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the retro look!!!!!!!! :) AND all those sentiments at once IS SUPER FUNNY!!! Sometimes, that IS the way it goes when you're on the phone with your friends!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this card, Erin! The lady looks best just like you did her with the aqua touches - very retro! My favorite is "How about never? Is never good for you?" Bwahhhhhahahaha! Thanks for the giggles. :)

    ReplyDelete