Saturday, May 11, 2013

Flowers for Mother's Day

Just popping in here real quick to share a gift that I gave to both my mother and mother-in-law tonight at our Mother's Day Dinner that we hosted. (Matt makes some mean kabobs...yum!)


Instead of picking through and paying through the nose for flowers, I decided to make some of my own using  the Mom's Garden Gifts  kit from www.svgcuts.com and a matching card. All out of paper. Which just amazes me the things you can make with such a basic supply. The card is 4.25 inches tall, so you can just imagine what sort of an impact the pail of flowers made. Well over a foot tall.


A close up of the flowers. They are glued onto dowels wrapped in floral tape. Very simple to make, believe it or not. I'm going to be making dozens of these in the upcoming years I think. Just a lovely gift. I think they look very realistic.

Time intensive? Not so much when you are doing other things. I pretty much have to be in the same room as three children 13 to 14 hours a day. My secret is that I cut everything out at night and work on it here and there when the kids are playing happily and independently. Keeps my hands occupied.



Here's a close up of the card. I used Papertrey Ink's Year of Flowers: Roses and matching dies (!!!!) to carry over my rose theme. Copics gave some shading to the leaves and flowers. I had textured cardstock to match the roses, but have to say I'm not the biggest fan of using Copics on it. Live and learn, then pass it on so ya'll don't make the same mistake. The sentiment it from My Mother, My Friend.

That's it. I hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day. We are getting a swing set installed on Monday, so I think I'm going to be doing some yard work. Next week I'll take a break. I think. Or maybe even squeeze in a nap sometime tomorrow afternoon. It's the simple things. A nap sounds delicious to me. :)

Supplies

Paper: K&Company
Stamps: My Mother, My Friend,  and Year of Flowers: Roses
Dies: Year of Flowers: Roses
Cut files for flower pail and roses: www.svgcuts.com Mom's Garden Gifts kit

1 comment:

  1. Erin, these flowers are gorgeous. What a lovely project and matching card.

    Happy Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete