Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Introducing Colorful Words for Papertrey Ink

It's Day 1 of the May Countdown for Papertrey Ink. Comes around sooner and sooner every month. I'm just loving all the creating and I hope you are enjoying all the new product.

I've got a few new stamp sets for you this time around. First to share over the next few days is a sentiment set called Colorful Words. It features words in an open-style font that can be colored with your favorite coloring medium (or left open) and corresponding script stamps to complete the sentiment. Just lovely.  I've fallen in love with it and it will not be leaving my work table any time soon.

And it's very versatile. Last week was a big one with both Mother's Day and teacher appreciation and I was short on time.  I was able to make cards for both occasions using Colorful Words, having not intended the stamp set be used for them specifically. For the first time out of the box, this set became a favorite.

Colorful Words and What the Doodle Apple Coloring Sheets by Papertrey Ink

I've found that Colorful Words is the perfect match up to all these lovely coloring sheets PTI has made in the last few months. I used What the Doodle: Apple Coloring Sheets here.  I thoroughly enjoyed coloring these two cards with my Copics, while hanging out with the family during the nightly read-a-loud of Harry Potter. So low stress. This mama needs more low stress in her life.

For this card here, I created the sentiment entirely from stamps in Colorful Words. The open and script fonts are separate stamps for added flexibility. My color scheme on the apples matches the coloring on the word "thanks" for a well rounded look.

Colorful Words by Papertrey Ink works really well with coloring sheets

For my second teacher appreciation card, I changed up the sentiment a little bit. I first stamped "thanks" from Colorful Words and then added "teacher' from What the Doodle: Apple. Think of how you could change this up with the stamp sets you have in your collection. Thanks All Ways is an excellent example. Now combine that thought with all the coloring-style image stamps you have and mind blown! 

Colorful Words and Keep It Simple Mother's Day by Papertrey Ink

For Mother's Day, I stamped and colored the word "wishes" from Colorful Words onto the Get a Handle On It banner. I completed the phrase with selectively inking a stamp from Keep It Simple Mother. Friendship Jar, Friendship Jar Flowers, and Flower Favorites made quick work of creating my focal point image. 

More tomorrow. Colorful Words and the remainder of the May Papertrey Ink Release (some awesome goodies!) will be available on May 15th at 10 PM EST for purchase in the store. More inspiration from today's previews can be found at Nichole's blog.

Supplies

Apple Cards
Stamp Sets: Colorful Words, What the Doodle Apple
Coloring Sheets: What the Doodle Apple

Flower Bouquet Mother's Day Card
Stamps: Colorful Words, Keep It Simple Mother, Friendship Jar, Friendship Jar Flowers, Flower Favorites
Dies: Get a Handle On It, Friendship Jar, Friendship Jar Shaker Die
Ink: Green Parakeet, Bright Butter Cup, Harvest Gold, True Black
Cardstock: Lemon Tart






10 comments:

  1. Love you cards! Thanks for showing us that you can mix and match sentiments from the colorful words with other stamp sets to get a variety of phrases!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your take on the Colorful Words addition to the line. Your cards are so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your apple card is gorgeous! Love the colors and the colored in 'thanks'. Beautiful jar of fresh daisies too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sold! Beautiful cards Danielle!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that apple and jar filler card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your apple card is very cute but my favorite is the jar full of flowers. I love putting wild flowers in jars for some color on the table and your card makes me want to go out and pick flowers off the side of the road.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Erin,

    Gorgeously Cute Card!!!

    Cariños,
    María Alba

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your cards, Erin! For the bouquet card, it looks like there are 3 colors for the flowers. Did you use Harvest gold first, then Buttercup for the 2 center stamps? Also, is the Butterfly Spring rain and Blueberry sky?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your cards, Erin! For the bouquet card, it looks like there are 3 colors for the flowers. Did you use Harvest gold first, then Buttercup for the 2 center stamps? Also, is the Butterfly Spring rain and Blueberry sky?

    ReplyDelete