Wednesday, May 11, 2016

More Colorful Words

Back again today for Day 2 of the May Countdown with Papertrey Ink. And I just happen to have a few more cards using my new Colorful Words to share with you. LOVE this stamp set. When you start thinking about follow ups at this stage of the game, you know it's a good one.



First up, the sentiment from Colorful Words that can be used for birthdays and any other big event. The word "celebrate" is a really great size that can easily be used as a focal point. I've colored it in an orange gradient with my Copics. Below, is the stamp that can complete the phrase is a beautiful scripty font. You can see how you could use the words "celebrate" with or without completely the phrase for maximum versatility. 

I also had an opportunity here to put last month's Stitched Banner to use on a card. This little die set (a steal at $6!) is perfect for cards. Makes the banners look so realistic and helps you add just the right amount of texture to a card. I'll be using this one a lot. Also putting my Scroll Cover Plate to work here too. The curves add a lot of pizzazz. 


Colorful Words and Heart-2-Heart 6 by Papertrey Ink

On this card, I wanted to do a little something different by repeating the main word a few times on a card. In this case, it's the word "rainbow". (BTW...there are the perfect amount of letters in this word to color it in a rainbow color scheme! Can't wait to do that.). I added the two stamps on the top and bottom to complete the phrase. I can see myself needing to use this a lot for the people in my life who cheer up those bad days.  Heart-2-Heart #6 dies and stamps add a little image to my card.

Betsy's got a lot of rainbow themed stuff this month. My rainbow would work nicely with all of her stamps and dies too. Just an additional option for you.

And speaking of that Betsy, she's featuring my Sweet Dreams today. (I've already got two cards done on my table for tomorrow's blog post using those sweet pajamas, can't wait to share.) And Heather's got some more Colorful Word projects. Can't wait to see what those girls have been up to. Even more inspiration can be linked through Nichole's blog

Colorful Words and all the rest of the May goodies will be available to purchase on May 15th at 10 PM EST at www.papertreyink.com

Thanks for stopping by! 



7 comments:

  1. I've been having lots of fun with your stitched banner too! Your gradient coloring on "celebrate" is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your cheerful rainbow card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your colourful words set; what a fantastic idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The rainbow card is awesome! And the banner card is exceptionally pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The rainbow card is so sweet. I love that sentiment, too. Fun sets, Erin!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Colorful Words set is brilliant! This font is one of my favorites, and now I get to use it on my stamped cards. I've been having to mind my crafting budget, but as soon as I saw the "peek", I was intrigued. Today's post has me on fire. Thanks again for sharing all your marvelous design talents.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never would have guessed the word RAINBOW to be part of the set. It does make sense after reading your explanation-thanks for that! Anxious to see the full reveal

    ReplyDelete