Wednesday, November 15, 2017

November 2017 Papertrey Ink Stitched Ornaments

Ring, ring, ring...is this thing on? Hi friends! It’s been awhile. Hope ya’ll are doing good. Fine here. Been a busy mom, wife, sister, and friend over the last eleven months. Just doing my thing and taking a much needed deep breath.  All planned, mind you. And I knew, heading into this break, that I wanted to return with felt Christmas ornaments. It just didn’t feel right for my tree to go up this year without a new addition or two. Hope you feel the same.

Before we start, please forgive me if there are any mistakes here. I'm more than a bit rusty with this whole blogging thing. 




With that being said, let me introduce you to the Stitched Large Snowman, Stitched Gingerbread House, and Stitched Primitive Star. All will be available for purchase at now at  Papertrey Ink.


The Stitched Gingerbread House is as cute as they come. Lots of little details add all the charm you could want. And it looks great with last year's Stitched Gingerbread Basic, Gingerbread Mister, and Gingerbread Miss.


I want to highlight a few of the stitched details on this one. I'll be posting a stitching guide for this ornament at the end of this blog post. The center window has the outermost "window sill" stitched off the window and onto the main part of the house.

The side windows feature the same stitch detail on the "window sills", only they are stitched into the "window shutters". 

Next up, the Stitched Large Snowman. If you remember, there is a smaller Stitched Snowman Die that is used mostly to add a snowman detail to a larger project. This one stands on its own to use as an ornament. 


 I used mini brads for the eyes. Black beads can be used as well. There is a scarf die that is included in this set. That is intended to be used by wrapping around the stuffed snowman and tied at the neck.


The top hat is intended to be a separate element, so you have the option of not using it. Just leave the bottom open and slip over the head of the snowman.


When I went to tie the string on my little guy to use him as an ornament, I sewed through two of the stitch holes on the back of the hat and into the back of the snowman, securing the hat in place. Two birds, one stone and all that. 


And lastly, for those of you who want a simple and quick option this holiday, we've got the Stitched Primitive Star. This is a great companion to the previously released Stitched Primitive Heart. I think they would look adorable in a banner together.

Here, I pulled out some additional dies to add a mini banner across that fun star. Using the Stitched Banner Dies and the Tiny Stitched Alphabet dies, you can string three, four, and even five letter words across the Stitched Primitive Star for a whole collection of ornaments. Check out the Stitched Holiday Word set for additional inspiration...the words on those dies are no longer than five letters. 

Here are the stitching diagrams for the Stitched Gingerbread House.









14 comments:

  1. Too cute! ALL of them! I think my favorite is the Gingerbread House!! Welcome Back!!! Missed you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these. I have a friend who makes wonderful gingerbread houses and I know I want to make a house ornament for her with the date on the back. I hope the next set of dates will be available well before next Christmas as I like to make ornaments throughout the year and they are so special with the stitched date on the back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've made my day with the great news of your return! The ornaments are wonderful, and I can't wait to stitch all three. I'm especially in love with the gingerbread house. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So great you're back! Love your stitching dies!!! They also make such cute little gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I am so glad you are back Erin!!! I have so missed your work, I always LOVE your stitching projects, but I am also so glad that you have had a good sabbatical. You have been missed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you had a good break, and glad you are back : D. LOVE that star!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am thrilled that you are "back" and that you have enjoyed your time away from blogging. You have been missed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So nice to see you back. Hope your time away was one of healing and refreshment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Erin! YOU ARE BACK!!!!!! So glad to see your creativity once again! You were missed! LOVE these stitching dies. Your ornaments are so innovative and (need I say it?) cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your stitching dies, your videos featuring them. Always well thought out with special little details! Hope you had a great time off! You were missed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi -- I'm glad you're back too, and love your stitching dies. I have my new gingerbread house dies, and was looking for the stitching guide. Am I looking in the wrong place?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Erin, I'm so glad you're back. I've missed your stitching dies. Love the gingerbread house. Was so excited my order came so fast.

    ReplyDelete