Thursday, March 22, 2012

Last Year's April Fool's Crafting

As usual, I usually make seasonal stuff the day before. And if I'm to take pictures to post on the blog, it's sort of useless for you, dear readers, at that point because the holiday has past. So I've been sitting on this one for a year. Now that we're only a week or so away, a good April Fool's joke can be put to use.



It's pretty simple. Chocolate pudding with gummi worms and topped with crushed chocolate graham cracker on top. Make a little tag using the Label Basics stamp set, dies, and stamps from Way to Go, Kiddo! and you've got the making of a good laugh and a "delicious" dessert.

Funny story. I made two of these. One for my best friend down the street and another for us that night. I have a key to her house, so I snuck down when she was working and planted it in her fridge. When I made it,  the gummi worms went in right when the pudding set and infused it with the essence of gummy fruitiness that sort of turned my stomach when my family ate it that night. I felt horrible because I had gifted the other. So I called down to Abby to apologize. She had no idea what I was talking about--they loved it! Thought it tasted great. Goes to show you, different strokes for different folks. As you can see, Hank didn't mind it either. Slurp! Guess you can add the worms at your discretion.


1 comment: